Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Being that MTV has been dead for years, somehow it's 30 years old today. "[No] video[s] killed the [music TV station]..."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

The redhead no one could tell had red hair on her groundbreaking B&W sit com, Lucille Ball, would be 100 today. Google has another click-on feature celebrating that occasion.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

A mere 100 years ago, arguably the most famous painting in the world, Da Vinci's Mona Lisa was done stole from the Louvre.

I predict that today's registered user birthday (at 31 years of age, AJ684255A7C3, and the 0 post count and link-in-the-sig-line) may soon be considered posthumous...

Google today says it would be Jim Henson's 75th.

Today is James Naismith's 150th. Would he pleased to see that his sport of basketball is locked out/on strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Today is James Naismith's 150th. Would he pleased to see that his sport of basketball is locked out/on strike?
    Back then it was a game. Today it is a business filled with greedy whiners who dribble in short pants.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

A happy 600th to Joan of Arc! And welcome to triple-digits, New Mexico! (well, it isn't dead, so maybe it doesn't deserve to be included here)

A long-time cancelled show, Sanford and Son was first on 40 years ago today. :HearThatElizabeth?:

Happy would've-been-100, Jackson Pollack! Throw paint on a canvas in his honor, in any old pattern.