Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Enjoy the best of times AND the worst of times, 200-years-ago-born Charles Dickens.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I missed yesterday's great author, John Steinbeck, at 110. Guess I got leap year backwards.

Some guy named Joseph Campbell would've been 108 today, and Robert Frost'd been 138.

The late, great Robert Johnson would've been 101 years old today.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Happy would've-been 100th, Woody Guthrie. :madeforyouandme:

Happy 95th, Jack "King" Kirby!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Happy 95th, Jack "King" Kirby!!
    How have you never mentioned before that I share a birthday with the King of Comics?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Because associating you with a dead god of all things comics would make me too sad to sacrifice the goat on the morn of your birthday, as is the ancient custom.

(Okay, really, I only read about it earlier today.)

And happy birthday, JT! Not that you're posthumous, but, well, it looks like there are two birthday threads for you and I can't decide which to use, so I'll go here instead.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Because associating you with a dead god of all things comics would make me too sad to sacrifice the goat on the morn of your birthday, as is the ancient custom.

(Okay, really, I only read about it earlier today.)

And happy birthday, JT! Not that you're posthumous, but, well, it looks like there are two birthday threads for you and I can't decide which to use, so I'll go here instead.
    Ah, righto.

This is definitely not the thread I hope to see my own birthday wishes in, not for at least another 50 years.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Say it in your best Barry White voice: "Oh, yeah. I'd have been 68 years old today, baby."