Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Okay, this being "posthumous" birthdays, I saw your post just now (which I somehow missed earlier) and had to look to see if Chuck D had died when I wasn't looking. Thing is, Wikipedia says his birthday is August 1.

But the reason I came here today was to show respect to the immortal Nina Simone, the greatest jazz/blues singer/songwriter/pianist from North Carolina (and one of the best, period). It came as a bit of a surprise to know she would've only been 80.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Edward Gorey, illustrator.
    Would have been 88.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Did you Google that name, TI?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Did you Google that name, TI?
    I thought everybody had this date written down on their calendar. Am I wrong?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

What's "writing" mean? Is that like a drawing app on your phone? "Calendar" ... like a message reminder in text form? Or the icon in the corner of my screen? Brought to you by: No One Will Know What "Red-Letter" Days Means In A Few Years.

Some music guy, George Harrison, would've been 70 today.

(expect angry comments any time now... )

One of the very few musicians who could out-awesome George Harrison would've been 81 today.

Happy birthday, Johnny Cash. (I put the link there, not SkimWords. You should click it and revel in the amazing.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You would've been, my neighbor. Happy would've-been-85, Mr. Fred Rogers, but without your fake internet quotes and stories.

The great Son House was born this day in 1902!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TKL-Jc7u9Q
    Tommy, close your eyes.