Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Yeah, I talked to Hasbro (Darryl, Brian, and Mark) at Comic Con and pointed out that 2013 is ROTJ's 30th Anniversary.

The Sailbarge is also going to be featured in the Clone Wars 3rd Season (2010-2011).

So a Sailbarge that starts to come out for Fall / Christmas 2012 would be on shelves for ROTJ's 30th!

Makes perfect sense to me.

They said, "We'll see."

Meanwhile, 2012 is AOTC's 10th Anniversary. I think a Republic Star Destroyer would fit in very nicely. With the AT-TE, most of the other AOTC stuff is done. An S-PHAT or maybe Nute Gunray's / General Grievous' shuttle could be in order?

But the Sailbarge is DUE!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't know why but the new R2 with launching lightsaber convinces me that a sailbarge will definitely be produced.....it's a nicely sculpted figure with all the details.....only thing it's lacking is a launching pad from the deck of a sailbarge ...

And they made the Nikto gunner with a clip-on blaster cannon...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Yeah, I talked to Hasbro (Darryl, Brian, and Mark) at Comic Con and pointed out that 2013 is ROTJ's 30th Anniversary.

The Sailbarge is also going to be featured in the Clone Wars 3rd Season (2010-2011).

So a Sailbarge that starts to come out for Fall / Christmas 2012 would be on shelves for ROTJ's 30th!

Makes perfect sense to me.

They said, "We'll see."

Meanwhile, 2012 is AOTC's 10th Anniversary. I think a Republic Star Destroyer would fit in very nicely. With the AT-TE, most of the other AOTC stuff is done. An S-PHAT or maybe Nute Gunray's / General Grievous' shuttle could be in order?

But the Sailbarge is DUE!

I only hope that they do it in realistic style and not clone wars style. But my guess is the latter.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I only hope that they do it in realistic style and not clone wars style. But my guess is the latter.
    Really? I really get the impression that the Hasbro team has done all of the vehicles in the realistic style, even the stuff from Clone Wars. The only exception is the Jedi Starfighter, but that's the only vehicle so far that looks cartoony. Everything else has been entirely realistic, so I don't think there's much concern that a Sailbarge would look like it was from CW instead of ROTJ.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Really? I really get the impression that the Hasbro team has done all of the vehicles in the realistic style, even the stuff from Clone Wars. The only exception is the Jedi Starfighter, but that's the only vehicle so far that looks cartoony. Everything else has been entirely realistic, so I don't think there's much concern that a Sailbarge would look like it was from CW instead of ROTJ.
    I think the molds have been realistic, I think the color schemes are more vibrant and animated looking.

I loved the AT-TE, but the paint job makes me think animated. I haven't seen Slave I yet but from the pictures the paint scheme looks animated.

I would hate to finally get a Sailbarge, only to have it a bright brown color instead of rustic brown.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The animated paint schemes are cheaper because to do the realistic, battle-worn Star Wars realistic look, they need to go over the paint and layer it - such as for the POTF2 Slave One which had an excellent paint job.

Note the V-19 Torrent Starfighter and though it's an EU vehicle from the cartoon, how everyone said if it was just "blasted up and smoke-stained" it would have looked that much better.

I would agree.

When Hasbro makes its money back on the initial tooling investment, they can go back and add more, only to make more money, their original revenue forecasts met.

Look at the vintage 1979 Millennium Falcon toy. Re-released in 1995 after 3 vintage releases in the '80's, the toy was again updated for re-release in 2004 for the OTC with electronic engine lights being added (before the BMF debuted in 2008).

Now the paint scheme on the new Slave-One seems good enough for me for an AOTC version. I don't think "Boba's" CW ship needs a repaint to be Jango's movie version. The ship only needs Boba's ESB paint scheme version.

I'd be so eager to buy a sailbarge I doubt I'd hesitate on a CW paint version for use in my ROTJ scene.

I'd only buy 1 - for ROTJ. But if a repaint came out later, I might pick that up since this is such an iconic ROTJ scene and I could refill the sailbarge my modern figures "evacuated" with CW figures anyway.

Amongst CW figures, I get extra Vulture's Claw battlepacks for extra Gar Nachts, plus Hondo Ohnaka and the new Nikto figure can be added to give Jabba some CW thugs. There will be more bounty hunters (I'm sure Bossk will get single-carded) and I'd like to see the Weequay, Klatoonian, and Gamorrean characters, as well as a Gran, a Dug, and a Twi'lek - all species we've seen in multiple episodes of CW. You can start to fill a CW sailbarge with that.

However, there are dozens of great movie figures from ROTJ that really need a sailbarge very badly!!!

It's not like there isn't weathering or texture on the ships in The Clone Wars. It's more to do with extra deco being too expensive to add anymore, so they focus on other areas of the vehicles.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram