Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The 3rd Annual April Comedy Movie Challenge!

Welcome to the Third Annual (2010) SirStevesGuide April Comedy Movie Challenge!!!

All members are encouraged to participate!

This challenge will begin April 1st @ 12:00am and will end April 30th @ 11:59 pm.

Here is a link to the first (2008) challenge.
    Here is a link to last year's (2009) challenge.

The rules are simple:

Watch any feature length comedy movie between the month of April (1st-30th) and post your results here; with each entry including the day watched, the movie's title, and listed in numerical order. This is the basic format, please see the example below. Feel free to add your own comments about each movie watched, the year it was released, who starred in the film, and other miscellaneous information, if you so desire.

The qualifications are fairly flexible, with the only requirement is that the film is comedic in nature (in some sort of majority), whether it be a straight up Comedy (like Tommy Boy), a Horror/Comedy (like Shaun of the Dead) or a Dramedy (like Jersey Girl). There is definitely some flexibility here; common sense should be used.

Example List:

April 1st
    1. Tommy Boy - (1995) - comments, etc, if you want!

April 2nd
    2. Shaun of the Dead - (2004) - comments, etc
    3. Jersey Girl - (2004) - comments, etc

That pretty much sums it up. Most of you should be familiar with these challenges by now, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Again, the challenge will start on April 1st (@ 12:00am), in just a few days, and will run until the 30th. Any movie started before 12:00 am on the 30th, but ends thereafter, will count!

Have fun!!!

"That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Watched a weak 9 movies last year. Not sure what happened to that challenge... same thing will probably happen this year if I had to guess...

First year I watched 50+ movies, but there is not a chance in hell that happens this year...

I will be happy with 20 movies this time around.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

April 7th
    01. National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) [Vutopia HD OD]

Classic! "Roll 'em up!"

April 7th

April 11th
    02. The Mask (1994) [TV / Encore HD]

Haven't seen this one in ages. Looked pretty good in HD.

April 7th

April 11th
    03. Step Brothers (2008) [TV / Encore HD]

This one gets better and better with each viewing. Love it!

01) Hot Tube Time Machine (2010)
    02) Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009)
    03) There's Something About Mary (1998)
    04) The Girl Next Door (2004)

Was Ghosts of Girlfriends Past any good? I see where it comes on HBO (I think it is) a lot, but I can not bring myself to watch it, or even record it.

BTW, thanks for joining in.

4/13 - Bubba Ho-Tep (1)

April 7th

April 11th
    03. Step Brothers (2008) [TV / Encore HD]

April 15th
    04. National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985) [Vutopia HD OD]

Not as good as Vacation, but still enjoyable. "Big Ben, Parliament!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    4/13 - Bubba Ho-Tep (1)
    Great movie, one I haven't seen in a while. Good idea.

Thanks for joining Jax!