Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question MM forumite question - Split the section?

This is a question I just thought of - it's not slated to happen or anything, I was just curious if you would want this:

With the upcoming resurgence of Action Fleet, would you SSG Micro Machines forumites like to see the MM forum split into 2 sections, "Micro Machines" and "Action Fleet", or would you prefer to keep them integrated as they are now?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well technically Action Fleet are micro-machines cause they're certainely not to scale. Seriously though, I do believe the action fleet is still micro-machines just bigger ones (duh ) so I don't see any big need to split the sections, it's the same category for the section, just under a different sub-category.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: MM forumite question - Split the section?

Originally posted by JediTricks
    This is a question I just thought of - it's not slated to happen or anything, I was just curious if you would want this: With the upcoming resurgence of Action Fleet, would you SSG Micro Machines forumites like to see the MM forum split into 2 sections, "Micro Machines" and "Action Fleet", or would you prefer to keep them integrated as they are now?
    Even if there was a demand from the Micro Machine collector's like myself and others, it's rather doubtful it would happen. It's pretty much still all grouped with Micro Machines anyway, and Sir Steve already said that he won't make a seperate 12" Star Wars figures section, and just to keep them discussed in the same "Hasbro" section. I can't wait to see what they do in Micromachines for E2, I wanna pick up some of them, to bad we have to wait for Fall for them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Well technically Action Fleet are micro-machines cause they're certainely not to scale.
    Not to scale? You must mean something different then I am reading, cause my Action fleets are all to scale (although not all to the same scale)
    The reason Action Fleets are Micro Machines, according to me, is that it says so on the box.

Thumbs up MM and AF together!

No, I would not like to see the MM forum split into 2 sections!

First of all because I agree with rdd Actions Fleets ARE MicroMachines (MMs rule! ).
    Second, most of us (if not all of us) collects both MM and AF.
    Third, the number of postings is not so big to require a splitting.
    Fourth, in this forum there is enough freedom to go off-topic (unlike other places on the net). I am afraid if the topic is more specific there will be less funny off-topic diversions.

Anyway, either integrated or split in 2, I will continue to read this forum.

Bring back MicroMachines!

Ciao,
    JediGoofy

Originally posted by RobertDD

Not to scale? You must mean something different then I am reading, cause my Action fleets are all to scale (although not all to the same scale)
    The reason Action Fleets are Micro Machines, according to me, is that it says so on the box.
    I meant 1:1 scale. It was a joke so don't take it seriously but I don't see the need to split the sections.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

LTB: Ah, now I get it. For some reason I thought you were saying something about AFs not being to the "true" 3 3/4 scale, and with so many people already thinking that is the only scale for Star Wars toys I thought I'd jump on that.

JG: not all of us collect all MMs, I only collect the MM AFs. Yet I agree with your first, third and fourth very much. So lets not split!

Thumbs down splitting is definately a baaaaad idea

all things micro micro machines are discussed here (whether it be mm's af's, dc's x-rays, pack in's with other lines, etc. etc.etc.) we've also been running purty darn smooth for over two years now, discussing any and all topics be they on or off .

i try to scour the web from time to time, and sometimes chime in on other micro machine related forums, (as well as post on occasion in other groups here at ssg), but this place is my waterin' hole. this is where i come to discuss all things considered.

if i was to divide my time between this, and another mm type forum here on ssg, it would lead to having to post cross references between the two threads, and as such, the discussion would suffer from disjointed flow (disjointed flow? )

anyway, if it ain't broke, lets not fix it!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

It's fine the way it is. I like SSG Micro Machines forums don't change it. Once a Micro Machine, always a Micro Machine.

Darth Carlos

"Think Big, play small".....MICRO MACHINES