Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    whats up with another animated show aimed at the younger demographic?

As I understand it, originally Lucas wanted to write all the episodes of the first seasons and then let it be what it must be, then realized he's not cut out for writing TV and is sorta up in the air about it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't really care at this point. The PT set the tone for what Star Wars is these days and I just don't like it. I'm happy with just the OT.

According to Heckler Spray, the series is now on hold due to budgeting issues.
    What do you do if you’ve created Star Wars, made loads of money, disappointed everyone with Jar Jar Binks, tied up all the loose-ends of the Skywalker family and tried to forget all about Howard the Duck?

Well, if you’re George Lucas- which you’re not – you decide to make a Star Wars TV show… no, not ’80s cartoon Droids or recent effort, Clone Wars, but a proper live-action thing with loads of CGI.

Lucas announced his intention to produce a programme set between the events of Revenge Of The Sith and A New Hope back in 2005. However, things aren’t quite going to plan.

The future of the project is now uncertain.

Lucas says:

“The live action TV show is kind of on hold because we have scripts, but we don’t know how to do them.”

Lucas, as ever, has a very big idea and concept behind the stories and naturally, budget restraints are making it difficult to realise what he has in that head of his.

“They literally are Star Wars, only we’re going to have to try to do them a tenth the cost.”

“It’s a huge challenge, a lot bigger than what we thought it was gonna be.”

Still, it isn’t all holding fire at Lucasfilm.

There’s great news that Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, who brought us Robot Chicken, are developing an animated Star Wars comedy with Lucasfilm.
    To be fair, they don't source anything, and just give the quotes, so the article could be completely bogus.

If true, then it confirms that they've been working on it but need to figure out how to move forward. Hopefully it will still happen.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Intersting post there JJL, I don't recall hearing the news about a SW comedy!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Intersting post there JJL, I don't recall hearing the news about a SW comedy!?!?!
    It was all over the place a few months ago . . . there are a few threads about it in the SW TV section.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

You probably read about it and blocked it from your mind. McDonald's Beard knows I did.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You probably read about it and blocked it from your mind. McDonald's Beard knows I did.
    If I hear yamo be there one more time I'm going to yamo burn this place to the ground.