Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    When I first saw Firefly, I immediately thought that a Star Wars series would be possible. Something in that style would be perfect for the Han Solo trilogy.
    Yeah, when I first saw it I thought the same. The Star Wars references were obvious, but still lots of originality. Were'nt they running from the Republic?
    On the other hand since that successful series has already been made, I'm sure Lucas would want to avoid any comparison.

I dunno, I think even an animated series would be cool also, but in perhaps a different style. I would like to see a live action, but they are already proving that a semi-adult oriented animated series can be successful. That is breaking new ground.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Maybe Lucas should consider hiring some people who are experiences in writing sci-fi for television. They would help him learn how to trim his ideas down into a manageable budget.

Either that or forget the live action show and give us another Clone Wars style animated series, except set during the OT timeframe.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Well, I think they are making the right decision, costs and technology/funding/etc. aside I stand by my statement about writers and television vs movies.

I see no indication Lucas Film has the talent to properly create a weekly one hour show for television.
    What about Young Indy?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't even say that with a straight face.

When I first saw Firefly, I immediately thought that a Star Wars series would be possible. Something in that style would be perfect for the Han Solo trilogy.
    Me too, but then Firefly was effectively canceled before it even aired, so it's not like it was a success.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Me too, but then Firefly was effectively canceled before it even aired, so it's not like it was a success.
    You shut your mouth! Firefly was successful enough to earn a full length feature film!

Okay, yeah, it was dead before it even got started, but it was enjoyable none the less.
    May the force be with you.

Also, consider what the actors have done since then. Nathan Fillion has a hit series with Castle, Adam Baldwin is on Chuck, Morena Baccarin was in V, and Summer Glau has been in several sci-fi series (The 4400, Terminator, and The Cape). Alan Tudyk had roles in Dollhouse and V. This would be an all-star cast if a new series had all these people in it now. Of course, a new Star Wars series would probably have mostly unknowns, but it would have the Star Wars name recognition.

Conversation to get this underway were uttered in 2013 by Disney and crew.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Also, consider what the actors have done since then. Nathan Fillion has a hit series with Castle, Adam Baldwin is on Chuck, Morena Baccarin was in V, and Summer Glau has been in several sci-fi series (The 4400, Terminator, and The Cape). Alan Tudyk had roles in Dollhouse and V. This would be an all-star cast if a new series had all these people in it now.
    Not to mention their many lucrative appearances on the convention circuit.

MSP, you forgot that Alan Tudyk also played King Candy in Wreck-It Ralph. Shame on you for overlooking his best non-Firefly role a year or two before the movie came out!
    Tommy, close your eyes.