Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Where is our live action star wars series?

What is the deal with this? Did I miss some information somewhere? When is the live action star wars series coming out? If I am not mistaken, it is due out sometime this year. ????
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Much like the Clone Wars, it's been coming "in a year or two" for ages. Also like the Clone Wars, I fully expect the actual show to never materialize, and some pile of crap with the same name to be aired in its stead.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd feel pretty confident in saying "never going to happen" at this point, certainly not the way it was supposed to go down- wasn't it initially promised for 2008 or something, then the plan to make the films in 3-D pushed that back indefinitely a couple of years ago or something like that?
    With the toy line having such a questionable future at this point, and with Clone Wars suppoosedly doing decently, I can't imagine putting all the money that would be needed into a live-action series. I would think that the best one could possibly hope for would be a mini-series of maybe 6 episodes, but even that feels like a real longshot.
    Iso&Baws&Topes
    Tho if someone options that Cruisemissile Troopers fan-fic I would imagine it could be made at a considerable savings
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

The latest rumors I've heard:
    Preproduction is well under way, apparently.
    Lucasfilm has hired a bunch of writers that are plodding along, writing an entire season before they shoot anything (all under Lucas' supervision).
    All scripts could be completed this year and filming could get under way in Australia early next year for a possible fall 2011 premiere.

I wouldn't hold my breath about seeing it before 2012.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    The latest rumors I've heard:
    Preproduction is well under way, apparently.
    Lucasfilm has hired a bunch of writers that are plodding along, writing an entire season before they shoot anything (all under Lucas' supervision).
    All scripts could be completed this year and filming could get under way in Australia early next year for a possible fall 2011 premiere.

I wouldn't hold my breath about seeing it before 2012.
    Interesting, before reading this post I was inclined to agree with what Mabs said.

They've been aiming for 2011 for a couple years now. They've started preproduction in Australia, and aside from the writers they brought in before, they've started looking for a showrunner in Australia who has worked on female-show-centric stuff, evening drama stuff. It sounds like it is on track, but Lucas has gone off the rails.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They've been aiming for 2011 for a couple years now. They've started preproduction in Australia, and aside from the writers they brought in before, they've started looking for a showrunner in Australia who has worked on female-show-centric stuff, evening drama stuff. It sounds like it is on track, but Lucas has gone off the rails.
    Isn't his involvement (going to be) limited? I thought I remember reading that he'd help it get off the ground and then back away and let others handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    Tho if someone options that Cruisemissile Troopers fan-fic I would imagine it could be made at a considerable savings
    I don't know if it's quite that, but I've heard rumors that the show will star Captain Frassk.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

GLu isn't proceeding any further until Chux admits ROTS is a better than average movie.

Then the show is dead. I'll give it average, but no better. Except for Grievous, who was gorgeous, even if pointless.
    Tommy, close your eyes.