Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Justified on FX

The tooth extraction that started that episode was great.

The interaction with his father in the latest episode was alright.

For a cool customer, he sure comes from an embarassingly white trash family.

I think that makes the character seem more real, though.

Walton Goggins (playing his old friend that he shot and put in prison) is putting on quite a good performance and somewhat distinguishing himself from his role as Shane on The Shield.

I also liked Raylan posing as a homeless gardener to get the drop on that fugitive that was hiding out in the trailer park home.

I like how we're starting to get under his skin and see what drives him a little more each show.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Weird, you mention 2 episodes and neither were this week's.

This week's wasn't a "fun" episode, but I felt it was a good, albeit serious, episode that paid off well. I wasn't entirely feeling the one before it, that felt a little more straightforward, but it was ok. I really liked the end of this week's ep "The Collection" though, first it's that great part where Robert Picardo's art expert character makes his point which was fantastic, and then Raylan LEARNS something from it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's because I had to catch up on the 'ol DVR and hadn't been up-to-date with the show until now.

Funny, the episode with Robert Picardo (another one of his good performances) was forgettable next to the previous two.

In the interest of improving the show, I'd like to see a future episode where Raylan gets into bed with both his girlfriend and his hot ex-wife at the same time.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    In the interest of improving the show, I'd like to see a future episode where Raylan gets into bed with both his girlfriend and his hot ex-wife at the same time.
    I wouldn't kick Winona out on a cold night!

I like Raylan and Ava's interaction, but it's just a little much. The show seems to flow better when Ava's not a major component to the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    You can take care of that "interest" on your own via the interwebs.

Justified has been renewed for a second season. Yay!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Great news! Now Raylin has more time to get back together with Winona!

It's weird to think this has only 7 episodes so far, since it already feels like it has more substance to it than a lot of shows that have been on multiple seasons. There hasn't been an episode that has felt wrong to me, and I think it's mostly because they have a unique balance of existing history and new material mixed into each episode.

They really seem to be in no hurry to divulge all minute details as so many shows do, which always relies on awkward and forced exposition. It feels like you can get in tune with each character properly, such as the Sheriff in the latest episode. He was kind of predictable, but you still felt bad that he actually chose that route.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Totally agreed about the substance being far greater than most series ever get.

The 1 thing I didn't understand is how Raylan figured out it was the Sheriff so fast. Anyone get that?

The freeway chase drove me nuts because in the background you can see the Universal Studios executive tower building, and it's clearly the 170 in North Hollywood if you've ever driven there (nice light freeway, everybody drives like a maniac, very easy to get sucked into going 80 without noticing).

It was strange, but I'm thinking Boyd may have told him about his relative getting caught by "Miami," since it sounded like Sheriff Hunter had killed him awhile before this happened. I thought we would actually get a scene with Winona calling Rayland since she seemed to have a suspective reaction to Ava not waiting around. It seems a bit too sloppy for them to leave out, so I'm guessing they're going to have it come up later to tie into something else.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"