Thread: Justified on FX

Hybrid View

Justified on FX

So far I've enjoyed this show, but it hasn't been anything terribly special.

The main character is good and very likeable.

But someone explain to me why the character wears a cowboy hat and loves the quick-draw (with a modern .9mm) and someone let him pass his psyche profile to become a US Marshall?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Because on his application his said that his GG grandfather was the sheriff in Deadwood.

I enjoy the show, but think Sons of Anarchy is a little more edgy.

Other than the pilot ep, I think it's filmed in California. I'm surprised more Kentuckians haven't complained about their protrayal on the show.

I've been really enjoying it, and was quite surprised. I hated Olyphant in Live Free & Die Hard, and not because he was the villain, but because he was an incredibly weak villain. I didn't think he could pull off a starring role, but he's been pretty great so far. I'm definitely keeping attuned to it, and wish it wasn't a new series so I could have a backlog of episodes to go through. It hasn't pulled off anything really amazing so far, but it's got some really well done character writing. Definitely like The Shield, but not attempting to be in your face.

I suppose it also helps that my hometown is easily relatable to the setting.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think Olyphant could play either the hero or the villain in my Civil War novel, along with Josh Duhamel as the other one. I was thinking of Christopher Pine though. Maybe I'd have all of them. There are subordinant officer and commanding officer roles I've yet to think about casting.

Meanwhile, Justified is watchable and has its own charm. That's why I keep watching. It is not edgy at all. It's not The Shield of Sons of Anarchy, but it has its cast of character actors and Olyphant's lead is kind of mesmorizing to follow.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    I've been really enjoying it, and was quite surprised. I hated Olyphant in Live Free & Die Hard, and not because he was the villain, but because he was an incredibly weak villain. I didn't think he could pull off a starring role, but he's been pretty great so far. I'm definitely keeping attuned to it, and wish it wasn't a new series so I could have a backlog of episodes to go through. It hasn't pulled off anything really amazing so far, but it's got some really well done character writing. Definitely like The Shield, but not attempting to be in your face.

I suppose it also helps that my hometown is easily relatable to the setting.
    Ditto. Great show, nice to have Elmore Leonard type conversation and behavior styles on TV.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I loved this episode! JT is right about each character being really well developed with their own personality - even the guy who gave up his car to "the Dentist."

Yeah, Raylan reminds me of a modern-day Wyatt Earp. (Actually Earp lived into the first half of the 20th century and lived in Los Angeles and San Diego).

Anyway, "Justified" is another guest-actor's showcase show that really lets stars shine playing great characture roles.