Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Justified on FX

My Ellie Mae theory is shot.

Well, so much for the cute lady bounty hunter. : (

I guess every male redneck over the age of 60 in Harlan could be Drew Thompson. It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out the rest of the season.

This episode did nothing for me, lots of killin' and whatnot, but it felt inauthentic and one-dimensional.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Since you brought it up, this whole season has felt odd. The previous seasons have been extremely strong, and at the start of this season I knew it would be difficult to top the writing and acting and storyline of last seasons. I've wondered if the Drew Thompson mystery is strong enough to carry the entire season.

It's not, they have done a very poor job keeping the reason for finding Drew Thompson in the storyline. I still don't remember why they're after him at this point - something about some drugs and a sack and a guy thrown out of his own plane or something, totally immaterial. The problem with this season is that there isn't a regular life for any of our main characters driving them, we don't see any more marshals service stuff, we don't have a major baddie, we don't even have regular Harlan life anymore, it's a train wreck held together only by the strength of the actors and the attachment we have to the characters.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hope I shot the right guy. That line and the Dairy Queen franchise line had me.

And Patton Oswalt is back next week with an AK!

"Jeez, I hope I got that right" - you're damn right you better hope that, Raylan! Great moment, very good episode, quite different from everything else this season (except that it still was Boyd-heavy, he even got a big scene after the shootout, kinda bugged me how much he's taken over this show).

FX has been very good to Walter Goggins. Ten years (?) on the channel.

A friend of mine shared an interesting theory of who he thinks Drew Thompson is: Sheriff Shelby. I hadn't considered it until he brought it up. We'll know (right?) next week.

Shelby is definitely Drew Thompson, he's the right age, his timeline fits (barely, he has to have healed and gotten on the Harlan police force within months) and he asks about Thompson's widow including her location. Plus there's essentially nobody else left to make a passable twist ending.

That the sheriff is Drew is an interesting theory. I've been wondering if Arlo could be?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.