Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Justified on FX

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That the sheriff is Drew is an interesting theory. I've been wondering if Arlo could be?
    It cannot be Arlo, Drew Thompson landed in Harlan 30 years prior, Raylan has known his father - in Harlan - his whole life of 40-something years.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Accurate point.

Oh man did they miss the opportunity for a mind-f then.

If the "landing" in Harlan had occurred just before Raylan was born....

Man that would be a wild way to use the Arlo character! He'd be the last person Raylan suspected, too. But it would profoundly change what Raylan had assumed about his family's history and origins.

On his mother's side, he could still have that backwoods hollow heritage that serves him well in this environment though. And the "I knew your grand-daddy lines" would still apply - on his mother's side.

As a writer, I'd make this play. But that's just me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The mystery is solved! Now let's watch it play out to the bitter end.

Constable Bob with the AK was good.

Bob with the AK-74U, a stubby ineffective gun for a stubby ineffective constable.

Yeah, the "mystery" is "solved" officially, now they need to A) remind us why the mystery matters to our heroes, and B) Get Drew (the title of next week's episode and a clear homage to Elmore Leonard's "Get Shorty").

Overall a pretty good episode, a lot of solid character moments, I especially liked Hunter not using the keys Shelby gave him and staying put rather than escaping - showed a bit of character nuance not doing the stupid predictable generic TV crap. Tim is gonna deliver some pain onto Colton.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, the show is now hitting its stride with only three eps left. Makes the eps with the bartender and her ex-husband/boxer just look like a distraction, as if the writers didn't know what to do this season.

Gonna see some shootin' next week.

And I know this sounds bad, but I really want to see Colt get his. He's not a nice character.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Wow, the show is now hitting its stride with only three eps left. Makes the eps with the bartender and her ex-husband/boxer just look like a distraction, as if the writers didn't know what to do this season.
    Great point, I had forgotten all about that plotline, that thing just evaporated entirely. I do get the feeling these writers don't know what to do, and even this Drew Thompson plotline is kinda winging it. Last week's episode was strong, but this week's felt like a lot of contrivances without backing drama.

Gonna see some shootin' next week.

And I know this sounds bad, but I really want to see Colt get his. He's not a nice character.
    The show has set it up so Tim is going to deliver some justice unto Colton.

Solid ep. Slowly building to an interesting conclusion.

Old Constable Bob! Give him props for stabbing Yolo in the leg. If Bob hadn't shot him, Yolo would've bled out.

Gotta love the sharp, clever writing on this show. Tim's conversation with Colton on the radio is a great example.

One of the best episodes of the series, and easily the best episode of the season. Great dialogue driven from real characters makes a big difference, but also having real characters make decisions based on who they are makes a big difference as well. Raylan arguing with Boyd over which astronaut came to the school was fun. Tim and Art bickering about which one was supposed to throw the Molotov cocktail was a hoot. "Drewbacca" is a must for this site.

I was surprised they didn't have Yolo bleed out, Bob clearly got him in the femoral artery and he was struggling, he would have bled out in maybe 2 minutes, the gunshot seemed unlikely and unnecessary, but at least it added a feeling of "what happened" to the moment.

The solution to getting Drew out of town was great, they have trains in the opening credits and yet they haven't played a real part on the show until now, so it feels authentic that they've become a way of life but not a positive one and thus not seen as a feasible way out by anybody until now.

Yeah, there were a few clunky parts - why didn't Tim and the gang just drive perpendicular to the road? It was a big open field and a gentle hill off to the right. Would a mob really hunt federal officers so openly just to get a single guy? And why were there a bunch of Marshals at the end but they didn't bring them in sooner? But none of that actually hurt watching the episode too much, it was a good episode that got beyond these issues by doing what worked so well.

Renewed for season 5.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/266...ns-off-network

Haven't seen this week's ep yet. Think I had too many programs recording on the DVR and Justified got bumped.

Spent two hours this morning watching Justified. Very satisfied with how the season ended. More so than with the Walking Dead. One more appearance of Constable Bob would've made it great.

'I'm suspended.' Great line.

JediTricks, the bottle used for the Molotov cocktail is a locally produced KY soda: Ale 8 One. I think it's bottled in Winchester. Worked with someone 20+ years ago who grew up on it and had to bring back a supply to Louisville whenever she visited family. Don't know how recognizable is it out of my area, but I noticed it. Nice little touch by the producers.