Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Justified on FX

Ha! That's awesome about the bottle. Funny that they trucked it out to Los Angeles to shoot the scene, very slick.

I really enjoyed the ending episode, it really felt like an Elmore Leonard story, starting with big violence and then lots of Raylan being angry and making deals with the devil, giving Nicky 1 chance knowing he won't take it. The only parts that felt off to me were Cassie showing up out of the blue for the bust, and Ava kicking the lackey out of the van to destroy the body alone. Everything else was deliberate and driven, ending in Raylan fixing up his family home and staring at his gravestone sitting next to his father's freshly dug plot.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought the season came full circle: it started at Arlo's house (with the copper stealing) and ended at Arlo's.

Have a feeling that a lot of next season's focus will be on Ava's court issue.

Definitely, and it ended with Raylan patching the holes made from stealing the copper even. But what does that say about Raylan, the angry man?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The song in the final few minutes summed it up: you don't leave Harlan County.

I have to say I can't believe Arlo is going to be gone?!

He was a fun character and a way to really show part of why Raylan tries so hard to distinguish himself as a different man from his father.

Arlo was so necessary in Raylan's character development.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Our favorite marshal is back for another season. Some interesting characters and plots and subplots were introduced in the firs ep. Nice to see Jere Burns upgraded to a regular. He plays sleazy good.

Loved the comparison of Detroit to Iraq by Boyd.

After watching this week's ep, I realize how disjointed the premiere episode was. This week's ep was a big improvement. I realize last week's ep was setting up the season but there was just too much stuff going on. This week's streamlined it. It just flowed smoother.

Little Loretta's growin' up! And the nut hasn't fallen too far from the tree.

Gotta love Jere Burns. He always has the constipated pinched weasel expression on his face.

Anyone else think this is a jumbled-up season? Kinda like a ship without a rudder? I've enjoyed it but there's no real direction.

Very much so. There's so much focus on Boyd and now Ava that there's barely any time for Raylan, and what little there is doesn't really go anywhere. Ava's story is so damned boring and disconnected and convoluted that last night I finally just fast-forwarded through her scenes. Boyd's stuff in Mexico is also very disconnected, and it's just a jumbled mess - he's a huge kingpin but he's got just a few guys. Kinda hating watching this once-great show go to pot.