Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sideshow SDCC exclusive is... (a mystery until the 8th)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=2770

If you click the link from the article, there is a countdown and a silhouette. One of them is clearly phase 1 armor Clone Trooper. "So what? They already made one." True, but the silhouette doesn't match their existing version, the upper arm armor is different, the belt packs are different, and the helmet fin is thinner. My guess is this will be a Clone Wars styled trooper.

April 8th is the date the covers come off.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Mystery uncovered... the exclusive will be... stupidly expensive.

I'm sorry that I can't make SDCC this year for about 1000 reasons, but none of them have anything to do with Sideshow's exclusive.
    plasticfetish.net

Well, if it is a trooper in the animated style, that'll be a pass for me. One of my biggest concerns for the rumored forthcoming Clone Commanders is that they end up being rendered in the animated style instead of the movie one....

I really want the movie-styled ones!

I'm assuming its Cody.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

My guess is Rex since he would be a good companion piece for the recent CW Anakin figure.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Mystery uncovered... the exclusive will be... stupidly expensive.
    That is no mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    Well, if it is a trooper in the animated style, that'll be a pass for me. One of my biggest concerns for the rumored forthcoming Clone Commanders is that they end up being rendered in the animated style instead of the movie one....

I really want the movie-styled ones!
    They announced at last year's Comic-Con that Cmdr Cody would be coming as a "deluxe" figure, the ROTS armored figure will come with a second helmet, the animated Clone Wars helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22 View Post
    I'm assuming its Cody.
    Can't be Cody, they announced him last year, and his CW helmet has a square shape at the brow which would show in silhouette.

Quote Originally Posted by wampaslayr View Post
    My guess is Rex since he would be a good companion piece for the recent CW Anakin figure.
    Interesting thought, good logic. But no shoulder pauldron and no viewfinder on the helmet in the silhouette.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by wampaslayr View Post
    Yeah, Rex is actually who I was thinking of. Cody just came ot mind.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

... and it's revealed to be a regular Ep 2 clone in blue markings.

Whoopee.

Easy pass for me. This guy was only in AOTC for a split second as far as I know. On Kamino with his helmet OFF no less.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

But it's a Skittles-Trooper, and your collection won't be complete without BLUE - how will you taste the clone rainbow?!?

Seriously, I am sick to death of these lame, meaningless armor variants.