Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy A New Darth Vader TIE Fighter?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case A New Darth Vader TIE Fighter from ANH).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy A New Darth Vader TIE Fighter from ANH?

This poll's for BigBarada as I know he wants one.

If you want this vehicle made as well, I think you should describe how you envision it.

The 1997 mold is still shipping, repackaged in the Clone Wars brand, and available on the shelves at some stores right now. This poll is not for a re-release.

If I were to buy a Darth Vader TIE fighter ever again (as I'm quite happy with the current version) I need those Ben Burt signature sound effects: the fly-by and the laser cannons.

Additionally, they could add Vader's voice - "Stay on the leader!" and "I have you now!" - plus maybe the wingman's voice: "Watch out!" and a spin-off and crash sound.

Green LED lighted lasers? Sure -maybe. Or some kind of green lights that aren't too expensive I guess. And maybe directional indicator lights, too?

I really don't know if this is necessary myself, and I'd love to see these features on a fleet-builder TIE first (regular TIE, or interceptor), but here we are.

ANH has run out of all ideas for new polls save for the last one which I will run in about 2 weeks. So any poll suggestions for ANH vehicles would be welcome, as well.

So do you want Darth Vader's TIE re-made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Nope. The existing one isn't perfect, but I don't want a replacement.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes! This is one of the few ANH vehicles left that needs a redo. The old one isn't bad but it could be one hundred times better. I'd easily pay $40 without a figure (please God, not another Vader). Not at all into lights and sounds but it would probably help spice up a toy every kid already has cause it's been releaseed a million and one times.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

No, I have no interest in this vehicle, the POTF2 version was perfect as it is.

Aprils Fools! Of course I would buy a new version! I bought the POTF2 one in 1997 and hated it so much that I gave it to my nephews almost immediately. I've been waiting for 13 years now for Hasbro to remake the ship and give it the accuracy and detail it deserves.

As I described in another thread, my main beef with the current mold is the screwed up proportions, lack of detail and poorly concealed action features. If it would help the vehicle sell better, then Hasbro should put in some kind of lights and sound effects.

Seriously, this vehicle is much more deserving of a complete redo than the Slave 1.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Eh, no, the old one suits me fine.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

It might be a good idea, if it's re-released again, to fill in the weird cannons and get rid of the action feature. However, that thing has been released, what, twelve times now?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes, of course.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Although I'm satisfied with the old one, I'd buy a new one if it was packed with electronics they way Tycho described. Its a proven seller too, at least around these parts.

Get rid of the cannons and missile launchers, give the cockpit a redo comparable of the new TIEs we saw around Christmas, and I'd buy it. Electronics really aren't necessary to me, just address the shortcomings of the existing mold and I'll buy it.

On a semi-related note, I ditched my 1997 Vader's TIE sometime around 2001, then ended up re-buying it last year for my daughter. I was amazed that they haven't changed a thing on the mold down to the color of the paint.

we've seen what they can do with the improvements to the TIE (now if they'd just put them all together in blue, gray and white definitive versions), so I'd actually get an improved TIE Advanced. Another re-release I don't need.