Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Would You Buy A Hoth Re-Paint Of The New AT-ST?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case The Hoth Re-paint of the new, larger AT-ST from ESB).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The Hoth Re-paint of the new, larger AT-ST from ESBl?

This is not a straight re-paint. The side missile launcher might be replaced so that there are twin laser cannons. I think that is the right way to present the Hoth version of the AT-ST.

In addition, molded snow and icicles could be added to the vehicle.

The AT-ST Driver pack-in figure could be re-made to sport a thermal suit, an EU version that Hasbro designs. I don't think an AT-AT Driver figure drove this thing. But you could vote for him as the pack-in instead if you'd prefer that.

Finally, the larger AT-ST was just clearanced at $30. I think it regularly ran at $45. So the price range has been established.

We're close to the bottom of the barrel for ESB but I've got several good choices still left.

So do you want the Hoth AT-ST made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Previous ESB Polling results:

YES - Twin Pod Cloud Car
    NO - Imperial Star Destroyer
    NO - Rebel Transport
    YES - Echo Base Rebel Personnel Carrier
    YES - Imperial Probot Shuttle w Probe Droid
    YES - Echo Base Rebel Ice Drill
    ??? - Hoth AT-ST
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No, because that's not the proper Scout Walker for Hoth. I would buy a completely resculpted ESB Scout Walker, but not just a repainted ROTJ AT-ST. The Endor AT-ST is a noticeably different design.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'd have to agree with Big B on this.. If Hasbro was to redesign the AT-ST to look more like the version seen in ESB and the price was $35 instead of $45 then I would buy one.

but it's a no for a straight re-paint of the ROTJ version
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I also agree with bigbarada. I would buy a Hoth one, but not a repainted Endor one.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I have a feeling we'll see a repainted Endor one before we ever see a newly sculpted Hoth one. I'd probably buy it, especially if it came with a unique figure.

Yes, you guys can continue voting for an all-new AT-ST sculpt and I'll tally the results for the votes in all kinds of ways:

No more AT-STs
    Yes another AT-ST
    Yes a repaint with Hoth alterations to weapons, snow cover etc.
    Yes an all-new sculpt

Vote however you want - but for what you'd actually buy and what you'd actually pay (realistically $30 and up unfortunately).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Ok. so i would vote YES for all new sculpt ESB version with unique figure at $35
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Nope. If they do re-release it, it should be in Hoth colors. I know the Hoth one is slightly different, but I'd rather the money for sculpting be used on something better, since the Hoth one appears for half a frame, or something.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

As far as a Hoth AT-ST goes, I'm happy with the one from the 2007 battle pack. It's not to scale but, as has been said, you can barely see it in that film, and the vintage mold looks enough like the ESB version for my tastes. So, no, I don't want another one.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'd say yes, but only if it has a really stellar paint job. I liked how the UBP version was painted, but they would have to do even better than that.