Titanium V-19 custom

I chopped up a scrap piece of plastic and slapped on a clear canopy for the V-19 Torrent. Hasbro said they were going to do the same, but they never did get around to it.
    Cool that it's got a viewable cockpit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	22776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	22777  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Looks good DH I did that a while back but was never able to get pics. I think a fully painted cockpit helps too, which I haven't gotten around to doing.

Cool, DW... couldn't remember who'd done a clear canopy. Yeah, I thought about a bit of cockpit paint or a colour wash too... but I'm just too lazy.
    Much improved without that lame yellow canopy on it. huh?

Absolutely! I still can't believe why Hasbro went to the trouble of detailing the cockpit, and then hid it with an opaque yellow canopy. Bizarre. But yeah huge improvement with the clear canopy.

With the clear canopy modification, I was the one who did that and upon finding the detailed cockpit, asked Hasbro why they'd done what they'd done, with hasbro then replying about bringing out a clear-canopy version.

In other news, I finally have a dedicated Titanium Series display case, yay! Now they can all see the light of day, just have to make a few modifications to some WOTC ships to add them in too

Very cool! Remember when Hasbro claimed they were re-releasing it with the clear canopy? Oops!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If I ever get my hands a couple more of these I might have to try that. did you use any particular piece of plastic, how brittle is it?
    www.miniempire.ca - The best thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Windu View Post
    In other news, I finally have a dedicated Titanium Series display case, yay! Now they can all see the light of day, just have to make a few modifications to some WOTC ships to add them in too
    Looking forward to some pics... it is good to have a Wall Of Titanium!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Very cool! Remember when Hasbro claimed they were re-releasing it with the clear canopy? Oops!
    Yeah, it was supposed to be a "running change" after their screw-up. Didn't run very far... must have had both feet welded to the factory floor.

Quote Originally Posted by cloneemperor View Post
    If I ever get my hands on a couple more of these I might have to try that. did you use any particular piece of plastic, how brittle is it?
    I used the clear plastic packing material that came with one of the DeAgostini ships (ARC-170 I think), and hacked off a piece that was already curved the right way.
    I cut it to match the original shape so it just slots into the tabs inside. The plastic's not brittle at all... quite pliable, much like the plastic gauge that the Titaniums come packaged in. A 5 minute mod... my kind of effort level!

I did much the same - cut off a section of Titanium packaging, bent it to fit, bent two side panels, put small holes in the side pieces to go into the existing spike thingys, and done