Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Would You Buy A Larger TIE Bomber from ESB?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case A Larger TIE Bomber from ESB).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy A Larger TIE Bomber from ESB?

This poll is for a complete re-mold. You can vote for a re-release of the 2001 POTJ mold if you want to see that happen, but I am planning on discussing "the big one."

The ship would look the same at first glance - only being bigger. On the bomb loading side, a magazine of 5 larger torpedo-shaped bombs could be stored, with a release to drop them 1 at a time via a hinge release. Or - you could just hold that open to "carpet bomb." 4 firing missiles would be added - two on the front of each of the twin pods that comprise the ship's body.

The cockpit would seat 3 figures: a pilot, a navigator, and a bombardier - probably in a straight line to save space on the toy. Batteries for electronics could go in the back of the cockpit section for the usual lights and sound effects we desperately want on our TIEs.

The bomber side could have the bombs removed and fold down seats for troops. These crafts were also used as boarding vehicles for stormtroopers. The front end should open up with a deployment hatchway so the ship could connect with the Tantive IV for example, and deploy Imperial boarding parties.

So do you want A Larger TIE Bomber made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No.

And this sentence is because I need at least ten characters.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Nah, I think the current Bomber is the perfect size. It already has some nice features and a decent heft, plus I think they could just give it some new features pretty easily if they wanted to freshen it up.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Nah, I think the current Bomber is the perfect size. It already has some nice features and a decent heft, plus I think they could just give it some new features pretty easily if they wanted to freshen it up.
    That was pretty much exactly what I was thinking. The one we have its a good size already and, as BigB said, it's not really in the film long enough to justify it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I'd buy it for the upgraded cockpit, but I'm pretty happy with the one we have. With the upgrades and increase in size your talking about, it would be at least $65-$75 and I think that would drive a lot of people away.

I should clarify what I said earlier. If it were to factor into the ongoing tale of Captain Frassk and come with a pack-in Frassk figure, I would buy it, as long as it costs less than $3.95.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I would buy a rerelease of the POTJ TIE Bomber with larger wings (it's missing the wing extensions). Other than that, I see no point in buying a complete remake of the toy. Considering the amount of time we see it in the film, the current version is as good as we can expect (except for the smallish wings).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm happy with the one we got. I have 3, so even if they do the wings correctly on the old one like BigBarada suggests, I wouldn't pick it up.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I've got one of the newer ones, I really like it but I could be convinced to shell out for one with bigger wings. I think that's the only thing I need to see changed though.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I'd say YES to a larger more accurate version of the Bomber....I love the POTJ version and would love to see Hasbro redo this ship and give us the end all be all of TIE Bombers.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks