Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy A Coruscant Air Bus from ROTJ?

I am continuing my poll series for new Hasbro 3 3/4" vehicles.

This thread will discuss primarily the vehicle in the title of the thread in this case A Coruscant Air Bus from ROTJ seen in the Special Edition of ROTJ.

However, this vehicle is possibly seen in all the prequel movies (though a much smaller one transports Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, R2D2, Typho, and Dorme in AOTC. This is not that vehicle, so please see the picture I've provided from ROTJ below.

This is the bottom of the barrel for ROTJ. Every conceivable ship in the movie has been pretty much polled for. If you have any suggestions for ROTJ vehicles for polling, please post them in this thread, else Episode 6 will drop out of the process the very next go-around.

I cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy A Coruscant Air Bus from ROTJ?

I propose the carrying case vehicle be made for this one for certain. The Rebel Transport from ESB served a military purpose as a Rebel Alliance passenger and freight hauler. The airbus is only a passenger vehicle with no need for a play interior - other than it should have "seating," and not honeycomb "containers" for the figures you put inside.

Obviously the airbus is ideal for this sort of carrying-case use, since both PT and OT characters can be placed in each one (thus you could buy two at a minimal).

On the outside, it's perfect for diorama use for Coruscant's busy skyways.

Meanwhile, it should include an airbus driver figure as a pack-in exclusive. He can be human, but an alien might sell much better. Here's a chance at that almost-Bothan looking alien who drives the taxi in TPM.

Again, the pilot figure should have a cockpit to pilot the bus from.

So do you want the Coruscant Air Bus from ROTJ?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-Coruscant_air_bus1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	22826  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No, I wou

(that was the 10 character limit requirement it would have completed "-ldn't buy this turd at any price, why are you wasting our time with these loser vehicles when we already did a poll that covered all this stuff at once and it tanked hard?" )
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No. It's boring. And, judging from that picture, if done in scale, it would dwarf the BMF Falcon.

Truth is, though it doesn't fit in with the scheme of your poll series, I'd rather have a Battle Pack with the toppling statue of Palpatine holding that orb from TPM, the crowd-surfing Stormtrooper, a dude yelling "The Son of the Sun," and twelve fanboys arguing over whether the other dude was saying "The Son of the Sun" or not.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No.

In general, I consider vehicles that were introduced in the Special Editions to be prequel vehicles. The only two exceptions would be the Imperial Landing Craft and the Outrider (and I wouldn't buy either of those either).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

No no no no no.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    No. It's boring. And, judging from that picture, if done in scale, it would dwarf the BMF Falcon.

Truth is, though it doesn't fit in with the scheme of your poll series, I'd rather have a Battle Pack with the toppling statue of Palpatine holding that orb from TPM, the crowd-surfing Stormtrooper, a dude yelling "The Son of the Sun," and twelve fanboys arguing over whether the other dude was saying "The Son of the Sun" or not.
    It'd dwarf your couch.

"The son of suns" sound effect from that scene has been debunked, it just sounds like it apparently, but is gibberish.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hence the twelve fanboys arguing over it.

Even if it's gibberish, you gotta admit it's a huge coincidence that it sounds like the weird prophecy in the intro to the 1977 (1976?) novel, and, when you factor in Lucas's propensity to completely lie about the past when it comes to making the movies, you're entering prime conspiracy theory there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It's also weird that people still think it was from the novelization, despite being from an early draft of ANH.

No, I don't want this vehicle.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

It might've been from an early draft, but it does appear in a prologue to the novelization. I've got a reprint from the late 1970s (I think 1979), and it's in there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I would buy the one from AOTC...but not the inferior version from ROTJ.