Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Hondo Ohnaka's Rapier-1 Starflare Class Weequay Ship From Clone Wars).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Hondo Ohnaka's Rapier-1 Starflare Class Weequay Ship From Clone Wars?

This ship (pictures below) could be made for the $24 starfighter assortment which has successfully sold EU vehicles.

This flying saucer-shaped starfighter / freighter has twin cockpits and should one figure in each, "top-loading the figure." The craft does not need its boarding ramps, as this could be produced as a low-cost EU vehicle.

For more information, check the wikipedia page:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flare...s_Weequay_ship

Naturally, the toy does need its maneuvering / lightspeed thrusters on the rear underside, and it could feature at least 2 firing missiles for the kids to be attracted with.

It would be great to have another non-aligned vehicle from Clone Wars, like Cad Bane's Xanadu Blood - however this Weequay Pirate Ship would be an all-new mold, not a repaint. But it would be a ship you could fleet-build with, as Hondo had more than 1 at his disposal, the Rapier-One just being his personal ship's name.

Count Dooku also flew one of these when he escaped Hondo's pirates during The Clone Wars first season.

Hasbro should make one more figure of one of Hondo Ohnaka's Weequay Pirates to also crew this vehicle.

So do you Hondo Ohnaka's Rapier-1 Starflare Class Weequay Ship From Clone Wars made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    I'd have to vote No for this one Tycho...no interest at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    I'm a no on this one, but I would be interested in the WLO-5 speeder tank that Hondo uses. The Lego one looked really cool and I think it would be great in the line. Tycho, if you decide to include that tank, you can mark me down as a yes right now.
    totally agree love the design of the Tank...might be my next LEgo purchase if I can spot it again at Target

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I'm curious about the Twilight. Hasbro has always said if it is a premier vehicle in the series, then it will get made. Yet we have seen no Twilight yet. And I don't know who else has noticed, but I do not think I have seen it at all this year (2010, not current season). I'm wondering if Hasbro has the power to remove items from the series, in order for them to have an excuse not to make it.

I can see their answer now.

"The Twilight was in our plans for the 2009 line-up, but was pushed back to 2010, due to a molding issue. However, with the series phasing the ship out, the vehicle has been put on hiatus. If the vehicle makes a return to the series, then it is possible we go through with the production."
    I noticed that myself and have been pretty unhappy about it since this is one of my favorite CW designs...true it's a big bulky scrapheap but still a cool ship... would love it to be big enough so that you could dock a Jedi Starfighter in the cargo hold.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I noticed that myself and have been pretty unhappy about it since this is one of my favorite CW designs...true it's a big bulky scrapheap but still a cool ship... would love it to be big enough so that you could dock a Jedi Starfighter in the cargo hold.
    When I poll for the Twilight, you can vote for that kind of option, but I rather see a 4 seat cockpit with room for up to 6 as the main necessity.

In an episode, you have Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Ahsoka, R2D2, and C-3PO all in the cockpit and it reminds me of the Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke, C-3PO, and R2D2 crew of the Falcon that escaped the Death Star. Technically, the humans could be seated in the Falcon's cockpit with at least Threepio standing behind them. I love the way that CW episode made the Twilight reminiscent of that OT crew scene.

BigBarada: the only fact we have is we have not seen Hondo Ohnaka worshipping a magic 8-ball. (Perhaps he smokes one?) In any event, Hondo might also not subscribe to the popular religion, or this is a minority group's religion. We don't know. It doesn't negate that silly EU story in any event, but you can ignore the story and just love Hondo's appearances in CW like I do.

I can see by the discussion generated that both the tank and the Twilight will have to be polled for.

Darth Metalmute, you really should get a job as a backup spokesperson for Hasbro. I think your quote on the Twilight issue nailed it. But yeah, that's straight from the unwritten rules of "how to field p.c. answers" that were always fed often enough these days.

"I think some people will like the President's policies and others won't understand it. When they say they don't like it, there's an indication to us at the White House that we have to better explain it. The people then might like it once they understand it. But how could they all be expected to like it when not everyone understands it? We understand this. I hope I have explained that." - might as well have come from an official statement
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I wouldn't buy this, just not into anything outside the films anymore.

No, I have not a single bit of interest in this ship.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    I'm curious about the Twilight. Hasbro has always said if it is a premier vehicle in the series, then it will get made. Yet we have seen no Twilight yet. And I don't know who else has noticed, but I do not think I have seen it at all this year (2010, not current season). I'm wondering if Hasbro has the power to remove items from the series, in order for them to have an excuse not to make it.
    Come on, man. They're a toy company, not a conspiracy.

I like this ship in the show, but I don't need one in the line.

Do you think they would really release a toy caller the Raper-1? That's even worse than the Slave 1. Really. How did this even make it onto a kids' show in the first place?

Oh, there's an 'I' in there. Never you mind.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No, I don't want this toy. I remember seeing it in the show the first time and chuckling, but feeling like it was WAY out of place. There's nothing it could do that would warrant my hard earned money.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Come on, man. They're a toy company, not a conspiracy.

I like this ship in the show, but I don't need one in the line.
    When I read this, I could hear the X-File music. But not the one from the show, but from the Simpsons Episode.

I don't think it has to be a conspiracy. Hasbro worked closely with the Transformers movies on the design of the characters for toy purposes, why would it be too hard to believe they are doing the same thing with The Clone Wars?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I don't think it has to be a conspiracy. Hasbro worked closely with the Transformers movies on the design of the characters for toy purposes, why would it be too hard to believe they are doing the same thing with The Clone Wars?
    Because Hasbro owns the rights to Transformers and doesn't own any influence in Star Wars? Same with GI Joe I believe, the properties are actually owned by the toy company and so they are essentially the creator and would have more pull. For Star Wars they're just a toy maker and while some one my throw them a bone, Hasbro themselves has said that they don't even know about new characters until just a little before the episode debuts (which is why, in the beginning at least, they were scrambling to get new characters out long after they hit the screen though they seem to have gotten better recently).
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Because Hasbro owns the rights to Transformers and doesn't own any influence in Star Wars? Same with GI Joe I believe, the properties are actually owned by the toy company and so they are essentially the creator and would have more pull. For Star Wars they're just a toy maker and while some one my throw them a bone, Hasbro themselves has said that they don't even know about new characters until just a little before the episode debuts (which is why, in the beginning at least, they were scrambling to get new characters out long after they hit the screen though they seem to have gotten better recently).
    Yep, Transformers and GI Joe are exclusively Hasbro properties. In other words, the movie studios had to get Hasbro's permission before they could make movies about them. Hasbro's relationship with Lucasfilm is a completely different animal, since they have almost no creative control over what shows up onscreen.