Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would You Buy Hondo Ohnaka's Rapier-1 Starflare Class Weequay Ship From Clone Wars?

I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Hondo Ohnaka's Rapier-1 Starflare Class Weequay Ship From Clone Wars).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Hondo Ohnaka's Rapier-1 Starflare Class Weequay Ship From Clone Wars?

This ship (pictures below) could be made for the $24 starfighter assortment which has successfully sold EU vehicles.

This flying saucer-shaped starfighter / freighter has twin cockpits and should one figure in each, "top-loading the figure." The craft does not need its boarding ramps, as this could be produced as a low-cost EU vehicle.

For more information, check the wikipedia page:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flare...s_Weequay_ship

Naturally, the toy does need its maneuvering / lightspeed thrusters on the rear underside, and it could feature at least 2 firing missiles for the kids to be attracted with.

It would be great to have another non-aligned vehicle from Clone Wars, like Cad Bane's Xanadu Blood - however this Weequay Pirate Ship would be an all-new mold, not a repaint. But it would be a ship you could fleet-build with, as Hondo had more than 1 at his disposal, the Rapier-One just being his personal ship's name.

Count Dooku also flew one of these when he escaped Hondo's pirates during The Clone Wars first season.

Hasbro should make one more figure of one of Hondo Ohnaka's Weequay Pirates to also crew this vehicle.

So do you Hondo Ohnaka's Rapier-1 Starflare Class Weequay Ship From Clone Wars made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weequay_shuttle_stern.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	22830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weequay_saucer_craft.jpg 
Views:	1948 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	22831  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'll pass on this. If it was his tank, I would vote yes. But a ship that resembles a UFO, no thanks.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

just get an old roomba and remove the insides and you've got this ship. i'd vote no.

while i'm not a pilot, i would think this ship would be even more difficult to fly than slave 1 and nearly impossible to land (gracefully) manually.

Nope, I don't collect the animated characters and so I'd have no one to put in this ship. It's a cool design but it wouldn't fit with the rest of my collection.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

This is another case of a ship that would have been perfect for the titanium line, but probably wouldn't sell well enough for the regular line. I'm leaning towards not buying it if it were made.

I'm a no on this one, but I would be interested in the WLO-5 speeder tank that Hondo uses. The Lego one looked really cool and I think it would be great in the line. Tycho, if you decide to include that tank, you can mark me down as a yes right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weequaytank.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	22832  

I can see that with 2 folks already interested - and I'll add myself as a third person - I will need to count votes for this EU tank vehicle the next time around.

This poll will continue to be for the Starflare class fighter ship since some new-comers to this poll will only read the title of the thread and not venture into the discussion to pick out the tank as their first choice.

I don't think the next EU poll will be from Clone Wars however. I tend to move through the chronology but will come back to CW soon.

I was going to look at Republic, KOTOR, and TOTJ next, and then cycle back through the EU as HTTE, SOTE, and TFU are popular options.

Legacy and NJO did not fare too well for vehicles. CW will have a lot of options and the Twilight will have to be polled for of course. However, as a larger vehicle, I didn't see the Twilight as being immediately feasible and I think Hasbro is already looking at it (and trying to find excuses why not to make it).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No. A Frisbee costs a dollar and would work perfectly for this uninspired design.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Legacy and NJO did not fare too well for vehicles. CW will have a lot of options and the Twilight will have to be polled for of course. However, as a larger vehicle, I didn't see the Twilight as being immediately feasible and I think Hasbro is already looking at it (and trying to find excuses why not to make it).
    I'm curious about the Twilight. Hasbro has always said if it is a premier vehicle in the series, then it will get made. Yet we have seen no Twilight yet. And I don't know who else has noticed, but I do not think I have seen it at all this year (2010, not current season). I'm wondering if Hasbro has the power to remove items from the series, in order for them to have an excuse not to make it.

I can see their answer now.

"The Twilight was in our plans for the 2009 line-up, but was pushed back to 2010, due to a molding issue. However, with the series phasing the ship out, the vehicle has been put on hiatus. If the vehicle makes a return to the series, then it is possible we go through with the production."
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I really liked the Weequayan pirates in Clone Wars. Mainly because their appearance completely nullified that awful EU story, about them all being named Weequay and worshipping a magic 8-ball, from Tales of Jabba's Palace.

I also like Hondo Ohnaka and he's the only Clone Wars figure that I have bought since early 2009. If Hasbro made more of the Weequayan pirates, then this vehicle would be a definite yes for me. If we just end up getting Hondo, then it's a maybe, but a very strong maybe (especially if it's in the $24 price range).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis