Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, all the Saga Legends (on the "shadows of the dark side" card, in that first list I posted) and greatest hits (on the vintage card, in the second list) are presumably old or only slightly different. Also, they had a battle droid two-pack in Saga Legends back in 2007, available in four different variations, no less; I'm expecting it to be one of those, but I hope it's a pair with generic, limited battle damage.

Leia Boushh is in Saga Legends, so it's an old figure (the 2006 one).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Dang, I'm totally a moron today. Three times, JJL. I didn't look closely, and thought the first batch were Vintage and the Greatest Hits were Saga Legends.

So, maybe I'm further showing ignorance, but what exactly is the difference between SL and GH?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Both Saga Legends and Greatest Hits are old figures who are released either unchanged or changed only slightly. The difference is, Greatest Hits ship in the same cases as the main line of basic figures and are under the same assortment number, while Saga Legends are in their own separate shipping cases and assortment number. (That's basically all you need to know, but more info follows.)

Greatest Hits figures appear on the exact same card design as the other main basic figures, be it 2008's The Legacy Collection stormtrooper helmet cards, 2009's red-and-white cards with black trim, and 2010's The Vintage Collection vintage-style cards. They are numbered like the rest of the main line (aside from the first four GH figures from July 2008, which is how the subline got its name). They also feature the same pack-in (or lack thereof) as the main figures, meaning they had droid parts up until now and will have nothing in the fall. There is no clear difference between them and the new figures; it's up to you (or websites) to tell what you do and don't have.

Saga Legends, up until now, have appeared on cards similar to the Greatest Hits figures, but were always specifically called out on the packaging - in 2007, they had orange accents while the main 30th Anniversary Collection figures had red; in 2008, they were identical to the Droid Factory line, aside from the name on the insert; and in 2009, they had orange accents while Droid Factory had black. In the fall, however, they'll be on the new blue sky packaging look (nicknamed "shadows of the dark side" by Hasbro), same as the new The Clone Wars figures. In 2007, they had movie- (or EU-) specific coins; in 2008 and 2009, they had the clone weapons locker; in the fall, they'll have a base and parts to some new game, including a card, a die, and maybe some more stuff.

Okay, so the GH figures will be the ones on vintage-style cards. Got it.

Which makes it seem a bit odd that Leia Boushh wouldn't be a "Greatest Hits" figure if they're accurate in their plans to release updates to all the vintage figures on vintage-style cards, since that means they'll need to re-release her again and I wouldn't think she'd be the hottest seller around.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Okay, so the GH figures will be the ones on vintage-style cards. Got it.

Which makes it seem a bit odd that Leia Boushh wouldn't be a "Greatest Hits" figure if they're accurate in their plans to release updates to all the vintage figures on vintage-style cards, since that means they'll need to re-release her again and I wouldn't think she'd be the hottest seller around.
    Another thing: they haven't specifically announced plans to update all the vintage figures. They simply said it could be a fun thing to try and do if the line does well in its first two years and they choose to continue it longer than that.

I coulda sworn everyone was talking about that a couple of months back. Damn, this is just my day to be wrong, isn't it? Good thing I didn't do my taxes today.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    There answer to the POTF card question suggests that none of the "last 15" vintage figures are even planned for the next 2 years.
    I don't really see that as a problem. They're either not planned for the next 18 months, or they're planned far enough away that they're still on the bubble, but it means they're not off the chopping block, right?

Duh, u is rite, I forgetted.
    No, it's a conspiracy of epic magnitude!!! Never give up, never surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    In other news . . .

A few sites got the lineup for Saga Legends this fall:

Wave 1
    SL01 Bossk
    SL02 IG-88
    SL03 Zuckuss
    SL04 Greedo
    SL05 Jango Fett
    SL06 Darth Vader
    SL07 Leia Boush
    SL08 Darth Maul
    SL09 Grievous
    SL10 Clone Trooper Ep II
    SL11 Anakin- Darth Vader
    SL12 Obi-Wan

Wave 2
    SL13 Yoda
    SL14 R2D2
    SL15 Shock Trooper
    SL16 Clone Trooper Ep III
    SL17 C3PO
    SL18 Chewbacca
    SL19 501st Trooper
    SL20 Battle Droid 2 pack
    SL21 Luke Snow Speeder
    SL22 Han Solo Hoth
    SL23 Snowtrooper

I know it's ESB's 30th anniversary and TCW has the whole bounty hunters thing, but hopefully putting four bounty hunters into the assortment will not make them hang around. I wonder if the battle droid two-pack will be a better sculpt than the ones from 2007, but I doubt it. Glad to see the Snowtrooper, as always. Leia Boushh can be something of a slow seller, but still, I'm glad to see Saesee and Plo out of here.
    I have a feeling you're right about those BHs being slow sellers, when I saw that I felt like that was an odd gamble for a kid-centric line. On the other hand, if kids like fun, those should be fun figures to own... except Zuckuss, he looks like a slow fat insect guy, not really an action man.

In the Dewback Patrol Q&A, they said that a new Endor Rebel Trooper is slated for the fall, presumably in wave 3. Strangely, it sounds like they're still in the early planning stages, and apparently don't know what facial hair he'll have. Shouldn't they have that figured out by now, or am I misreading it?
    The tooling plans may be already completed for the body, and the head is still being decided on. It'd be easier with the ball jointing to do it this way, the head tooling can take longer since it's not holding up the majority of the tooling anymore. But yeah, that is odd that they don't know what's going to happen in the next 7 months.

Rebelscum got the list of greatest hits repacks:

- 4-LOM (EpV wave)
    - Stormtrooper (EpIII wave)
    - Commander Cody (EpIII wave)
    - EpIII Obi-Wan (EpIII wave)
    - EpIII Clone Trooper (EpIII wave)
    - Yoda with hover chair (EpVI wave)
    - EpII Obi-Wan (EpII wave)
    - Mace Windu (EpII wave)
    - Super Battle Droid (EpII wave)

I think the stormtrooper is going to be a sandtrooper, based on what they said last time, but I guess either one works. Re-releasing the 2003 Yoda with hoverchair (without Chian?) seems odd, so maybe it'll be some different configuration of parts.
    Sandtrooper? I hope not, they've overused that mold to death lately in the Saga Legends line. Plus, they have been going back and forth on which Stormtrooper tooling fans should get next based on some folks liking VOTC and others liking TAC and still others wanting something built around the updated Han & Luke Trooper bodies.

(Have they confirmed the dais elsewhere?)
    Yes, WITH US!!! Dood, how could you forget Oct 2nd of last year:
    SSG: In the last round, we asked a question about the possibilities of a new Jabba's dais, but the answer we received was instead about Jabba himself. While that was good news for fans to hear and we are quite hopeful on the Hutt gangster front, we're also curious about his dais. Our hypothetical question was asking what pricepoint and format might it be released in for all that new tooling, and would the set include the existing railing and hookah or just assume that enough collectors have the piece and leave it out? Would it have wheels? Would you go back and use the Kenner vintage throne tooling? And what are the odds of seeing the hypothetical Jabba's Dais we're discussing here?
    Hasbro: Sorry to have you spend a second question to follow-up; we thought that our answer suggested it would be *all* new, dais and everything. No idea on price point or format, other than this would not fit anything in the mainline so it points toward the exclusive lineup. The odds of actually seeing it depend on many factors: the ability to cost this beast out with the tooling it would entail; a willing retail partner; a successful sell-through of this year's exclusive lineup to merit confidence that such an item would find a receptive audience. We can confirm that we are working on a new set, but the above factors are still not nailed down yet so it's not a guarantee that you will see him in 2010.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [/FONT]
    Kinda curious that they confirmed a Battle Droid 2-pack, since that seems to go against what they've said both about production costs and fitting in with the vintage design. I know it would cost less tooling-wise to produce two identical BD's than two different Ewoks, but wouldn't actually producing two much larger figures offset the slight savings, meaning it's essentially the same as what they said was an issue with the Ewoks?

No word on which are new, which are reissues, and which are slight updates or accessory changes, I take it.
    They said when Battle Droids aren't new tooling, they are ok with using it in a 2pack. It helps that Saga Legends has a wider bubble than Vintage, that line really hosed us. Also, 2 battle droids will have no assembly or paint variations, they can mass-produce them without concern for unique elements.

Greatest Hits mean all existing tooling, no updates, but it's been known to happen, so I guess wait and see but assume no changes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yes, WITH US!!! Dood, how could you forget Oct 2nd of last year:
    It was my mom's birthday and the Clone Wars season 2 premiere. I had a lot going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    It was my mom's birthday and the Clone Wars season 2 premiere. I had a lot going on.
    Worst... excuse... ever
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So there are two things that it seems Hasbro has invited us to weigh in on. First was this response over at actionfigurenews.ca:

Quote Originally Posted by ActionFigureNews
    AFN: A few sites on the net have preorders up for some of the cancelled comic packs, more specifically Jaster Mereel and Montross. Now, considering Entertainment Earth scooped up the previously cancelled comic pack, will we be seeing this set at some point, either in the stores or through some sort of online retailer like Entertainment Earth, or even as single figures, or will this comic pack never see the light of day?

Hasbro: We are making one last attempt to try and get these released, and we are talking to Entertainment Earth. However, it's not a slam dunk as we have to meet our factory minimums. If they are not released as Comic Packs, the wait for them as single figures or in another format will be very long and they might never see a release.
    I, for one, would really like to see these comic packs make it out (for the record, in case you don't know, the rumored comic packs are: Jaster Mereel & Montross [Jango Fett: Open Season], Baron Fell & Ysanne Isard [Rogue Squadron], Darth Nihl & Deliah Blue [Legacy] and Rohlan Dyre & Jarael [Knights of the Old Republic, probably issue 7]. Since I won't preorder these from a UK distributor what can I do to show Hasbro and EE that I'm interested? By the way these are listed at www.play.com, you can search them out on their website.

The other question was from JediTempleWarRoom which got the following response:

Quote Originally Posted by JediTempleWarRoom
    QUESTION: Back in an August 2009 Q&A session Hasbro stated that an upgraded Original Trilogy Y-Wing was in the works for 2010. Might this version finally represent the Grey Squadron from RETURN OF THE JEDI, or could this version be from A NEW HOPE with a mission to "Stay on Target"?

ANSWER: Here we don't have such good news. We had been working on a new Y-Wing, but this was dropped from the plan as retailers decided to scale back on Star Wars exclusives for 2010. We do think that we will have an opportunity for a new version in 2011 or 2012. So the question back to your fans is "which one would you most like to see us do next?" Let us know what folks think.
    I would like to finally see a Grey Squadron Y-Wing and either way I want to let big H know that either way I'm excited about a new Y-Wing. I hear nothing but good things about the CW version and it's time the OT incarnation got a little TLC as well.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.