Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Questions 9 - 11 added.

If you added a question, please keep in mind our policy has changed and your vote has not yet been counted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm not sure how un-specific you want me to be, so how's this for a start? (I'm pretty sure the Tartakovsky Clonetroopers were the same case, and slightly more recently.)

"Following up on one of your answers from April 8: You said, when asked about a possible running change for a particular figure, 'Because of the snafus we have had, there will be no more running changes. Period. Sad, but the hammer has come down on these.'

This answer is pretty clear about running changes, where different versions have been released with different waves of figures, but it leaves open the question of whether different variants could be released concurrently. Though this hasn't been the case with mainline Star Wars figures for a few years (most memorably with the Imperial Officers and with the Clonetroopers from the Clone Wars micro-series), the GIJoe line has more recently done something similar with chase figures, and there have been several examples of variants in the Legends line. While concurrent variants do make certain figures a bit tougher to get, the concept provides a lot more flexibility in building armies of human characters whose heads aren't completely obscured by helmets, without requiring the same figure to be released multiple times. Would minor variations be a possibility still, provided they're available at the same time?"
    I think I see what you're getting at. You do realize the answer will very likely be "no", right? I'll put it up anyway, but as a trial basis, I may not end up using it.

Make sure to vote for it if you want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I am also curious of these questions.

"The Clone Wars series has given Hasbro the oppertunity to release many important vehicles that both collectors and children have craved for. These vehicles are especially great due to the fact that they work for both the animated and realistic figure line. Given the popularity of the series, what additional vehicles would you look to do from seasons 1 and 2? Is there any vehicles from the OT, PT, and EU that you would like to see in season 3 that the Hasbro staff would love to do in the future? For example, if the Black Sun were to be introduced into the series and with them the StarViper?"
    I made a few changes to the wording, but tried to keep it as straightforward as possible. Make sure to vote for it separately so I can count your vote.

"It might be too preliminary at this stage, but given the press release concerning the new Star Wars animated series, has Lucasfilms approached Hasbro about creating a toy line for the show?"
    Which new series? There's the new kids show, the new sitcom-parody thing, and the new live-action which isn't animated but still is one folks would be asking about. Considering the last time we asked about the live-action, they said they hadn't seen anything, it would likely be too preliminary to ask about the new kids show.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    How about mailing in upcs to get coupons on future star wars merchandise purchases? Or how about some printable coupons from the hasbro site. Like maybe $1.00 off any two star wars figures. That is all I can come up with for now.
    Hmm, interesting. I'd like some more folks' opinions on this first, but I'm not saying no. Can you think of a good reason to ask it now, beyond "we want to save money"?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Which new series? There's the new kids show, the new sitcom-parody thing, and the new live-action which isn't animated but still is one folks would be asking about. Considering the last time we asked about the live-action, they said they hadn't seen anything, it would likely be too preliminary to ask about the new kids show. {
    I meant the sitcom-parody.
    I haven't hear about the new kids show... what's that supposed to be about?

I'll add 10 to my vote.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I don't think it is right that you did not add my question. Why is it so difficult? The basic question is: can we somehow be provided coupons for star wars figures or vehicles made by hasbro? I am not talking about clone cash or any other stuff like that. I am talking about a manufacturer's coupon. If you don't want to add it, I will go to another site.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I'll go with 7, 9, 10, and 11.

TDV, you're apparently new to the Q&A, given your misunderstanding on how this works. JT asked you for more explanation and more reasoning for the question before adding it, which he often does, so there's no reason to get offended about it. He didn't say "no" outright. Just give him more info on why he should add the question. Clone Cash IS a manufacturer's coupon, which was seemingly a huge undertaking by them.

It's sort of an odd question to ask in the first place, as if we're telling them their stuff is unpurchaseable without the use of coupons.

Anyway, howsabout another new question:
    *The Clone Wars Y-wing Bomber is one of the coolest ships we've seen from the line. A version with red markings was seen in both the Geonosis story arc as well as The Zillo Beast episode, and it created a visual punch both times. Given that the $65 deluxe vehicle line is dead and on clearance, meaning not nearly enough kids or collectors got to experience this amazing vehicle, is it still possible that we might see a red Y-wing Bomber in the line at some point, perhaps as an exclusive, or at a lower price point to attract new buyers?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

NEW Question:

Does Hasbro see another Padme Evolutions 3-pack as being feasible?
    There could be the last Queen from TPM (Post-Senate black gown) and there are multiple Padme figures from AOTC and ROTS respectively (like her Senate Dress from the beginning of AOTC and her outfit from the Senate as Palpatine makes his declaration of The First Galactic Empire!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Question 12 added.

I'm not sure how un-specific you want me to be, so how's this for a start? (I'm pretty sure the Tartakovsky Clonetroopers were the same case, and slightly more recently.)

"Following up on one of your answers from April 8: You said, when asked about a possible running change for a particular figure, 'Because of the snafus we have had, there will be no more running changes. Period. Sad, but the hammer has come down on these.'

This answer is pretty clear about running changes, where different versions have been released with different waves of figures, but it leaves open the question of whether different variants could be released concurrently. Though this hasn't been the case with mainline Star Wars figures for a few years (most memorably with the Imperial Officers and with the Clonetroopers from the Clone Wars micro-series), the GIJoe line has more recently done something similar with chase figures, and there have been several examples of variants in the Legends line. While concurrent variants do make certain figures a bit tougher to get, the concept provides a lot more flexibility in building armies of human characters whose heads aren't completely obscured by helmets, without requiring the same figure to be released multiple times. Would minor variations be a possibility still, provided they're available at the same time?"
    I think I see what you're getting at. You do realize the answer will very likely be "no", right? I'll put it up anyway, but as a trial basis, I may not end up using it.

Make sure to vote for it if you want that.
    Oh boy, I knew I got in over my head on this one. While discussing how the Star Wars team answer on this doesn't affect the Marvel team's decisions, talking out my thoughts made me realize that "running change" refers to production, NOT to release. So the question has to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I meant the sitcom-parody.
    I haven't hear about the new kids show... what's that supposed to be about?
    Ok, well the sitcom-parody was announced only a few days back, so there's probably nothing to see yet, or nothing anyone can admit to. Let's wait until at least Comic-Con or some press release suggesting a release date before asking this.

I don't know what the new kids cartoon is about, just that Lucasfilm is looking to produce one aimed towards younger kids. I think I read that it was prequel-era though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    I don't think it is right that you did not add my question. Why is it so difficult? The basic question is: can we somehow be provided coupons for star wars figures or vehicles made by hasbro? I am not talking about clone cash or any other stuff like that. I am talking about a manufacturer's coupon. If you don't want to add it, I will go to another site.
    As editor, it's my job to ensure questions that are the best they can be so as to ensure the best possible outcome. Oftentimes, that means I have to ask the author to provide clarification or additional ideas to shore up the question, to give it "teeth". In this case, the odds are poor that Hasbro will respond with anything other than "it's an interesting idea, but no, we tried that last year, and this year we're doing something different with Play Saver," unless they magically are already planning it. If we can't make an argument for the idea's justification beyond "we want to save money", then the answer won't go any deeper either. So I'm trying to get your kernel of an idea to germinate into a more rounded question, one that has a better chance of successful response.

If you feel that's unreasonable, you're always free to use the idea elsewhere, that's your prerogative as a collector, but I hope you understand why our process is what it is and why it requires more participation on the part of the author as well as the editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Anyway, howsabout another new question:
    *The Clone Wars Y-wing Bomber is one of the coolest ships we've seen from the line. A version with red markings was seen in both the Geonosis story arc as well as The Zillo Beast episode, and it created a visual punch both times. Given that the $65 deluxe vehicle line is dead and on clearance, meaning not nearly enough kids or collectors got to experience this amazing vehicle, is it still possible that we might see a red Y-wing Bomber in the line at some point, perhaps as an exclusive, or at a lower price point to attract new buyers?
    I will add that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    NEW Question:

Does Hasbro see another Padme Evolutions 3-pack as being feasible?
    There could be the last Queen from TPM (Post-Senate black gown) and there are multiple Padme figures from AOTC and ROTS respectively (like her Senate Dress from the beginning of AOTC and her outfit from the Senate as Palpatine makes his declaration of The First Galactic Empire!)
    Evolutions are dead right now. Their last answer to us said that maybe someday in the future, but "feasible"? The whole concept of Evolutions is unfeasible right now, and Padme figures aren't generally seen as "feasible" either.

Here's that answer, from August 20th, 2009:
    SSG: Resculpts and Clone Wars outfits notwithstanding, there are 20 new outfits for Padme Amidala that you could still produce, and nine years left until your license expires. That said, what's your plan for our favorite queen-turned-senator? Relatively lackluster sales of Breha Organa, another regal female character, might point to a lack of interest in new Padme outfits; there's also the fact that many of the costumes are similar to one another in style and color, particularly her many dark blue and purple ROTS robes. However, when released in cautious numbers, Padme can fully sell through and satiate collectors. Do you plan on making all of her outfits over the course of the line? If not, then how many more do you think we can expect to see, and which ones are most likely?
    Hasbro: We do not have a specific plan for Padme other than generally planning one version of her a year. In anything other than her adventure gear or Arena outfit, she is not the strongest figure and there are lot sof other "sub-groups" that we would like ot plan on getting to. It's possible that someday we'll get to do another pack like the "Evolutions" pack featuring Padme, but there are currently no plans for anything other than a basic figure.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wait... there's two new Star Wars shows in the works, not counting the quasi-mythical live action series?

I dig the re-working of the variants question.

I'm tempted to riff off your answer to Tycho's proposed Evolutions set by bringing forth the question: "Evolutions sets didn't do well. Did you ever think that this might be because every set had at least one figure, more often two or even three, that was an update to a figure that was decent already, and they usually had at least one figure that was a total turd, and the sets were $25, more than three basic figures would've cost at any point in the line's history?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think the Evolutions line failed since it was too many pilots and obscure characters nobody ever heard of. I liked those sets, but I preferred the ones with all one character or a tighter, more intersting theme (Sith, Fetts, etc.).

And I'm not sure where everyone is hearing about all these TV shows. All we know about right now is The Clone Wars and the new animated comedy show (and then the live-action show). Anything else is pure speculation.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Wait... there's two new Star Wars shows in the works, not counting the quasi-mythical live action series?
    Yes, there's a new kids cartoon, there's the parody show of unknown format (cartoon, figures, live action? no idea), and there's the live-action series in pre-production in Australia now.

I'm tempted to riff off your answer to Tycho's proposed Evolutions set by bringing forth the question: "Evolutions sets didn't do well. Did you ever think that this might be because every set had at least one figure, more often two or even three, that was an update to a figure that was decent already, and they usually had at least one figure that was a total turd, and the sets were $25, more than three basic figures would've cost at any point in the line's history?"
    Aside from the pilots sets, what has there been?
    Anakin to Vader
    Clone to Storm Trooper
    Sith
    Fett
    Jedi Legacy
    Sith Legacy
    TFU Secret Apprentice
    Padme
    Clone Commandos
    and then 5 pilot sets.

Honestly, I don't think the problem is the character selection, I think it's the format itself. Of all those sets, only Fett and TFU were really satisfying all around, and I know there are plenty of folks who would take issue with that claim. The concept was too forced. Even the second Sith set was 2 goofy-looking goobers (Darth Zilchius and Darth Slimer) and topless Maul which is a debatable expression of the character to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    And I'm not sure where everyone is hearing about all these TV shows. All we know about right now is The Clone Wars and the new animated comedy show (and then the live-action show). Anything else is pure speculation.
    Lucasfilm is hiring in Australia for a showrunner on the live-action series, and an LFL rep has confirmed scripts are being worked on. And Lucas himself mentioned a new, not Clone Wars animated series was being worked on, which IESB claims is "Squishies", a Galactic Heroes show (and they were right when they broke rumors on Clone Wars and the Live Action show).

Honestly, I don't think the problem is the character selection, I think it's the format itself. Of all those sets, only Fett and TFU were really satisfying all around, and I know there are plenty of folks who would take issue with that claim. The concept was too forced. Even the second Sith set was 2 goofy-looking goobers (Darth Zilchius and Darth Slimer) and topless Maul which is a debatable expression of the character to begin with.
    That's part of the problem. Even wanting Darth Bane, I'm not willing to get that set, even when TRU marks it down to half price (which seems like once a month). I don't want another topless Maul; not that I'm clamoring for any topless figures, but why the hell don't they make topless Luke or Han? Sure, they're not tattooed, but there'd be more use for them.

The Fett set, I'd argue, was lousy. Had I not gotten the Jango from someone who didn't want a prequel figure, I'd still not have him. Oh, wait, hasn't he been re-released a few times since?

The pilots sets aren't bad as sets, but awful to show "evolution," which is implied by the name. Well, I take that back. That Imperial Pilots set is honestly a pile of steaming crap.

But, yeah, I'm totally not disagreeing with you. Had the idea been used more sparingly, with better choices for concept and figures included, it could still be going strong. Well, maybe not exactly--when the basic figures hit the level of quality of the first Evolutions sets and the VOTC and VTSC figures, the $25 for three figures was for the birds (especially when some of those later sets saw a marked step backwards in quality).

But, really, Shmi/Padme/Leia or Padme/Leia/Jaina would've been a no-brainer. I can't lie and say I wouldn't dig a Jira/Jocasta Nu/Ackmena set, either.
    Tommy, close your eyes.