Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Thanks for that link, JT. I thought I remembered seeing a pic somewhere of the Y-Wing as it originally looked, prior to being cobbled together and re-imagined for the cartoon. I guess these are seen to be two different models now?
    Sure thing on that link, it's a good visual.

The Clone Wars one was always intended to be a progenitor of the ANH design, that's why it has the bubble rear turret and the different forward canopy from the McQuarrie and Cantwell designs. It's visually a bridge between the ANH Y-wing and the AOTC Jedi Starfighter, I think.

One thing has bugged me: wasn't the Y-Wing supposed to be sorta old hat when the Clone Wars rolled around, according to the original backstory?
    I don't remember ever hearing that, I remember it was old hat by the time Luke blew up the Death Star, but that's it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

a new, larger Y-wing would get me to buy another. it needs to have sturdier landing gear, a droid slot and a decent mechanism for dropping bombs. i never noticed a difference between the ships in the movies so don't care much if it's ANH or ROTJ (guess i'd say ROTJ since it seems to be the more popular).

you can tell hasbro that i will NOT buy any more re-releases of the current mold.

I have absolutely no interest in a CW Y-Wing but a new OT Y-Wing would be an automatic buy. Either ANH or ROTJ (since I can't tell the difference) but if it's coming with a pilot I'd love to have the the Grey Squad pilot. I don't necessarily need the removable panels, missiles and bombs but since that' what kids go for I'd live with them if that's what it takes to get this made.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I could live with the landing gear and cockpit being upgraded and a new droid slot being added to the old version of the Y-wing with a new droid and the ROTJ asian grey pilot, with the ship having yellow markings if Hasbro released it, and I'd buy it happily.

But I'd also be happy with an all new sculpt and would buy it as well. The price may bother me at first, though. When they release it with the old sculpt, it usualy costs what? 60?

And while I'm thinking about it, the price of this thing ALWAYS ****es me off, as they could easily sell an upgraded vintage mold with an astromech socket, updated cockpit, and fixed landing gear for about 20 bucks if they would just leave the struts off for assembly when opened, put it in a smaller windowless box, and have it come with no figures. If it must come with a figure, 30 to 35 tops is all this re-used vehicle should be selling for these days. Lord knows they've made there buck off the vintage mold, and wouldn't realy have to spend much to update it compared to a full new sculpt like the clone wars version.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Tycho, refresh my memory, did you do the A-Wing yet? I can't remember.
    I wasn't planning on it at all.

We just got the correct A-Wing with Arvel Cryynyd and another with Green Leader, I think.

The ship's scale seems correct to me, and there was no distinct audio recording of an A-wing in the movie to warrant electronics. I don't think it needs firing missiles either (or one of the latest versions came with that feature - I didn't buy any).

I suppose the landing gear and cockpit opening features could be improved, but maybe they also were in a recent re-release.

But I'll count you as one request for an A-wing poll, Darth Metalmute. Others can respond in this thread if they want an A-wing poll as well, but I'd predict the silent majority do not. (The same goes for the B-wing).

The movie poll series is really winding down. We're doing this poll now because of Hasbro's Q&A that covered it from their perspective, but we're supposed to be doing one of the last rounds of the prequels. They probably have 2 or 3 more shots through, the OT is winding down right now with 1 more left for ANH and one more left for ESB.

When all the movie results are complete, I'll post a results discussion thread, and still continue on with EU polls - predominantly from EU sources that are posting winning numbers (for example, I think Legacy and NJO are out of it).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I wasn't planning on it at all.

We just got the correct A-Wing with Arvel Cryynyd and another with Green Leader, I think.

The ship's scale seems correct to me, and there was no distinct audio recording of an A-wing in the movie to warrant electronics. I don't think it needs firing missiles either (or one of the latest versions came with that feature - I didn't buy any).

I suppose the landing gear and cockpit opening features could be improved, but maybe they also were in a recent re-release.

But I'll count you as one request for an A-wing poll, Darth Metalmute. Others can respond in this thread if they want an A-wing poll as well, but I'd predict the silent majority do not. (The same goes for the B-wing).
    In your intro, you mentioned this ship was the last in ROTJ, I was just thinking that the A-Wing and, as you mentioned, B-Wing hadn't been done.

I don't remember the last A-Wing I bought, but I think it was of the POTF2 line. And I don't remember liking that one (I sold it). The last B-Wing I bought was probably a Target? (Toys R Us) Exclusive. That one probably just needs a re-release as I remember it was well done.

The last Y-Wing I bought was a Target exclusive for sure, don't remember the year.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    We've had three releases of the A-Wing in the modern line:
    1997 - POTF2
    2002 - Saga with green EU paint job and the incorrect "Arvel Crynyd" pilot figure
    2008 - Legacy Walmart exclusive with correct Arvel Crynyd (Green Leader)

If you are only going to buy one, then the 2008 version is the one to get since it has the most accurate paint applications and the best pilot figure. Hasbro has never "upgraded" the vintage mold with firing missiles or other play features (technically, they downgraded it from the vintage toy, since the electronics have been gutted).

I never bought the green 2002 A-Wing because it looks stupid.

I don't see how they can significantly improve upon the current version. Aside from making it slightly larger and getting rid of the reverse etched details. I guess they could put in some electronic features (since the toy still has a battery compartment) and maybe light up engines. I'd pay $65 for that (but I've spent between $160-$480 apiece on at least 5 different vintage A-Wings in my collecting lifetime, so I'm a little nuts for this ship).

However, it seems like the A-Wing is getting rereleased in 2010; so any sort of significant upgrade is extremely unlikely.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

would definately say YES to a new ROTJ style Y-Wing from Grey Squadron with Grey Leader pilot.

it should be more in scale to the figures, longer, bigger etc as well as have sound effects. they can lose the bomb dropping gimmick to sub for electronics. also the Astromech needs to be removable, and a ladder accessory must be included as well.

sound effects should be fly-by, laser cannons, torpedo launch and of course the classic "I'm Hit.........CRASH." sound. that would rock.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I'd buy a larger y wing without hesitation. I think an anh version should come out first with a rotj repaint the following year. I'd rather it be a 1 seater like we saw in anh. One thing I think would be nice is pop off engine nacelles to simulate what happens when they get a TIE on their tail.

I really liked the CW Y-Wing, so if they made an all new OT one about that size, I'd definitely buy it.