Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    Possibly. My question is, though, will there be too much torsional stress on the pitch axis of the engines? A Y-wing in that scale would probably have pretty rear-heavy engines unless the struts and vectral discs are made super-light.
    Shouldn't be if it's anything like the previous engine made. The majority of the weight of the engine is at the connection point with the moment arm being at the rear. As long as the clips support it allong the horizontal axis and are positioned radially along the point of rotation, but not on the point of rotation, it should be feasible. Bear-in-mind that a child can do anything to a toy.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I like the idea of exploding engine nacelles. That's a good one.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    Possibly. My question is, though, will there be too much torsional stress on the pitch axis of the engines? A Y-wing in that scale would probably have pretty rear-heavy engines unless the struts and vectral discs are made super-light.

Eh. I guess I'm just not a fan of spring-loaded anything.
    I'm not a fan of spring-loaded missiles, but what's the point of having a removable battle-damaged engine that doesn't pop off? Takes the fun out of it. My design concept should hold it on the wing quite nicely, it's a fat strut so it won't wilt the way the TIE Fighters of the past have, and the longer travel ensures it won't be wobbly or twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Shouldn't be if it's anything like the previous engine made. The majority of the weight of the engine is at the connection point with the moment arm being at the rear. As long as the clips support it allong the horizontal axis and are positioned radially along the point of rotation, but not on the point of rotation, it should be feasible. Bear-in-mind that a child can do anything to a toy.
    Metalmute is on it, the majority of the engine's weight is centered around the wing connection anyway, the rear of the engine is lightweight scaffolding.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd only like to see a new Y-wing if it was an all new mold. The old Y-Wing is starting to look wimpy next of the current X-wings, BMF, TIE Fighter, Interceptors, and Bombers. The A-Wing holds up well however. When I first heard about the CW one coming out, I actually had hope that it would have removable panels to reveal the more OT looking Y-Wing underneath. Sadly that didn't happen.

I guess I'd like to have the ROTJ one, since the one in the hanger in ROTJ looks just like the ANH one. Only difference would be the pilot and they could release ANH pilots and Astromechs on cards. I wouldn't really want any spring loaded missle launchers or lights or sounds. It'll just drive the already pricey exclusive costs up even more. I would like it to drop bombs. It has to fit a Astromech. I'd rather it be a single seater too since it's what was shown on screen.

A new OT Y-wing (from ROTJ w. Grey Leader's action figure pack-in) wins 11-2!

Return of the Jedi had 4/9 new vehicles demanded.

ANH actually still has the highest demand for new OT vehicles (and it's the oldest SW movie!).

ROTJ polling is now complete. We're done.

It worked out so there were 9 vehicles from each OT movie polled for. 4/9 won for ROTJ.

5/9 for ESB
    7/9 for ANH

The Winners are:

Jabba The Hutt's Sailbarge [26-2]
    Endor Forrest Speeder Bikes [15-1]
    Tatooine Skiff [9-5]
    Y-Wing Fighter [11-2]

The losers were:

Mon Calamari Star Cruiser [2-13]
    Imperial Shuttle [5-11]
    Coruscant Taxi [7-11]
    Coruscant Air Bus [2-7]
    TIE Interceptor (resculpt) [6-10]

From our ROTJ list, I can see the following:

Hasbro would probably go for

updated Speederbikes
    resculpted Tatooine Skiff
    new sculpt for OT Y-wing fighter
    updated TIE Interceptor (or re-release in several years)

Jabba's Sailbarge is a great contender for the large vehicle assortment ($150 plus). It is the most demanded by collectors, and if Hondo Ohnaka or Cad Bane would visit Jabba The Hutt in the Clone Wars series for some major sequence (perhaps with Boba Fett) I can see it getting the support it needs from a kid-audience to make this happen.

Each OT movie (since the Kenner days) had it's largest vehicle: the Falcon, the AT-AT, and the Imperial Shuttle.

In the large vehicle assortment for the OT, two of these vehicles have now been updated. Unless Hasbro turns back to ANH with the Sandcrawler or the Rebel Blockade Runner, I can really see ROTJ getting a large vehicle. Our audience here turned the Imperial Shuttle down - even for re-release. If that ship were to see another issue (which it eventually should anyway, IMO) it wouldn't need an update. The vehicle was really nicely done since 1984. The Sailbarge is such a natural direction for Hasbro to take. We supported it overwhelmingly here.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.