Selling my Action Fleet

Hey all, I came here a few months back to do some cataloging work on my collection. Now I'm forced to sell it. It's been a great run, but I can't decorate my place with win anymore.

I made a website where you can see close-up shots of each toy:

http://tinyurl.com/y79s5l8 (it redirects so bots can't sniff my personal page... hopefully)

This collection includes all the Action Fleet for the first three movies, plus the Shadows of the Empire book. Basically, I stopped collecting them when the new trilogy came out, because I didn't like the new movies.

It includes thirty vehicles, three playsets, all eighteen battle packs, and over a hundred miniature figures. Some have never left their packaging. Some are very rare. You guys probably already know this.

Please check it out, even if you just want to see my collection. Thanks, all!

Lightbulb

I'm not sure people will be paying $2000 ($1,999.00 USD) for an Action Fleet collection, not even if boxed MIB, some items are going on ebay for $3-$5. I think you should try breaking it and selling separate items, it takes longer but you might be able selling 90% of them or even more. Just my 2 cents.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Yeah, definately not. What you have to keep in mind as well is that collectors will generally have most, or at least some of what you're selling. Why then pay for a whole collection again?

All of the points above, pluse one more point to lowering your price substantualy to be a very good idea.

Like someone else said, you really should lower the price to perhaps a few hundered due to he fact that with few exeptions neary every post 1980s collectible has its value drop in price (mint i package or not) a few years after production, especialy if it's out of the package. This is largely due to the fact that a ton of people collect star wars stuff these days, especialy the mid 90s stuff that they thought would be worth something.

For example, the hard to find 'monkey faced Leia' from the first wave of POTF2 only goes for maybe three bucks mint in package.

More important than that though, is the simple truth that we are still in a resession and the price of collectibles is simply down.

Very good points. Thanks for the feedback!

The price posted is based off of ebay results I've been tracking- some are indeed going for as little as $3-5, but many of my rarer pieces went for $100-200 oob.

This price is a reflection of the time I've put in tracking down some pieces in order to make it (imho) a complete set. My buyer will likely be someone like me, who wants something complete that they can show off without putting in the time of collecting. To me, that's why complete sets rise in value compared to piecemealing sets together yourself. I agree that people who already have most of this aren't going to be interested. As I said, they aren't my target.

And finally, I am open to offers (perhaps the obo isn't clear enough on the page). That price is just where I start negotiations

Thanks again for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Blockade Runner View Post
    Very good points. Thanks for the feedback!

The price posted is based off of ebay results I've been tracking- some are indeed going for as little as $3-5, but many of my rarer pieces went for $100-200 oob.

This price is a reflection of the time I've put in tracking down some pieces in order to make it (imho) a complete set. My buyer will likely be someone like me, who wants something complete that they can show off without putting in the time of collecting. To me, that's why complete sets rise in value compared to piecemealing sets together yourself. I agree that people who already have most of this aren't going to be interested. As I said, they aren't my target.

And finally, I am open to offers (perhaps the obo isn't clear enough on the page). That price is just where I start negotiations

Thanks again for the feedback!
    A few more thoughts. The people buying collectibles don't care how hard the seller tried to find them when he started his collection. The buyers are not interested in that, they are mostly interested in price and condition of the items.

You also said that people who already have these are not your target. Even so many collectors prefer buying items when they get a deal, hunting is an important part of the collecting game, trying to find a ship or vehicle for a low price is what most collectors want.

The person who gets your entire collection at once will not be like you, since you said you tracked them hard, and I guess that means you hunted them separately as well...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

The TIE Defender and E-Wing are probably your most valueable items. If you have a time restraint to get those items out of your house, save these two till the economy rebounds. Also, don't be afraid to sell internationally. Alot of items are not released overseas and as a result, can fetch more money. When I sold a piece of my Star Wars collection, every single item went overseas for twice as much as I would have gotten in the US.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Thanks for the advice- I'm more than willing to ship internationally!