MM Gold Classic Series

Classic Series I
    Classic Series II
    Classic Series III

Anyone else have these beauties and like them as much as I do? Talk about a neat way to make Micro Machines feel like a high end collectible.
    www.miniempire.ca - The best thing since sliced bread.

Yeah, I have all 3 of these thanks to a late friend, R2dee2 (Marilyn), who got them for me on clearance at Big Lots back when they went down from $90 to $15. They are very nice, they use the X-rays tooling and have a good gleam to them. I have them on my bookshelf in the living room in a place of honor.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm jealous that you guys have those! Very nice items, though I always thought the Imperial Emblem was kind of a cop-out. Come on, just make another gold ship already!

I don't think I spent more than $20 each on these on eBay, my only disappointment was that when Series I arrived it didn't have the Certificate of Authenticity with it. Used and in great condition but nevertheless a bit of a downer. Oh well, now I just need to find someone who can scan the CoA for me.
    www.miniempire.ca - The best thing since sliced bread.

The tooling for these vehicles already existed, they are from the X-rays line, so there were several choices to use since they're the same plastic under the gold. AT-AT would have been good, Snowspeeder would have been acceptable too. But I suspect the amount of gold needed for the exterior on the shuttle limited what they could do with the other side, so they went small.

I may have the COA around here somewhere, been a while since I checked.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.