Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stores

STOR? Wasn't that IKEA's name before it became IKEA or was it an IKEA knockoff?

STOR... without the 'E.'

I thought about something today: if you use your own reusable bag at Target, they credit you $.05 for each one. But if you use NO BAG AT ALL, you get nothing for it. Hmm...
    "That's what Sheev said."

On one occasion, I had them give me the $0.05 for not using a bag. My concern is that they'd be too daft to give credit for a non-Target bag, but would not realize you brought the Target bag.

My real issue is the "plastic bag mafia" and their influence on stores. The friendliest cashier will become a wall of unspeaking evil if you say, "I don't need a bag." Doesn't matter if it's just one item. They don't like it. And, if you do need a bag (say you're getting six small things, just enough that you can't be sure of carrying them out without dropping them), you won't get just one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

In honor of today being "Small Business Saturday," I tried to buy some trading card sleeves from a local card shop. I was by far the oldest person in there, including the employees. I asked if they had any 9-card holders, and was told "no" straight out. The other employee said that they got some in a little while ago (at a card shop?), and the other went looking for them. The first guy thought they were a buck a piece (?!?), but after a couple texts and two phone calls (apparently calling "Hugo" was the wrong person to ask) they ended up as $.25 each. I bought $2 worth, no tax was charged.

I heard a radio commercial saying that THIS weekend the 27th is Small Business Saturday. I spent my two buck$ for NOTHING!

A K-Mart, when paying by CC, I used the little terminal in line. Then, I had to sign the paper receipt (odd...), but the cashier asked if I had a pen (no, that's why I expected to use the electronic styllus on the terminal). When I said no, she had to go to another cashier to find one (and it was one of those pens that looks like a flower). All for less than $5 in purchases.

It was pouring rain most of today, but I needed to find some gifts. I tried my best to avoid the deep puddles when going from store to store, but at one point I realized my left foot seemed wet, so I thought I must've missed one. Once I got home... I saw that most of the heel of that shoe had broken apart and/or disintegrated?!? Talk about power shopping! No, please talk about power shopping now.

I was at Walmart today and only had a couple of items and cash on hand, so I thought I would go through one of the self-checkout lanes. Well, unfortunately one of my items was Gorilla Glue, which requires the cashier to verify if I am at least 17 years old, so I had to wait on someone to come check my ID. However, the associate who monitors the self-check lanes was busy with an elderly couple at the other self-checkout register. The elderly man was in one of those power scooters and the associate had to lift every single item out of his basket and run it over the scanner and bag it for him.....

So, my question is, if you need a cashier to lift, scan and bag every item for you, then why in the world would you go through a SELF-CHECKOUT lane?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    It was pouring rain most of today, but I needed to find some gifts. I tried my best to avoid the deep puddles when going from store to store, but at one point I realized my left foot seemed wet, so I thought I must've missed one. Once I got home... I saw that most of the heel of that shoe had broken apart and/or disintegrated?!? Talk about power shopping! No, please talk about power shopping now.
    Power shopping with a wet foot might get you electrocuted.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    On one occasion, I had them give me the $0.05 for not using a bag. My concern is that they'd be too daft to give credit for a non-Target bag, but would not realize you brought the Target bag.

My real issue is the "plastic bag mafia" and their influence on stores. The friendliest cashier will become a wall of unspeaking evil if you say, "I don't need a bag." Doesn't matter if it's just one item. They don't like it. And, if you do need a bag (say you're getting six small things, just enough that you can't be sure of carrying them out without dropping them), you won't get just one.
    Cause as a cashier, we're used to getting yelled at by customers by every little thing, so you get thrown off, thinking this is all some cruel,sick joke

I took a reusable bag to Publix and got about 15 items. Somehow, the bag boy got all 15 items in the bag(some were bulky) and said it was the most fun and challenge he had all day. Poor kid. All the more reason to go reusable, gives the teenage boys some mental stimulation!
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Target's shopping carts are almost all plastic now.