Thread: Stores

Hybrid View

Cool Stores

Remember them? Big buildings with items for sale? No need for shipping rates or clicking?

Post your experiences in these 19th century has-beens. Funny, sad, confusing, frustrating; whatever. Maybe some of you work in them, or used to.

Today, in Target, I put all the Saesee Tiin pegwarmers in front of the other SW figs. Hee hee! Ahem.

There is a Barnes & Noble that has a clerk that scares me. To be honest, I don't know why anymore. If I see that person behind the counter, I "look for" other items until I think I might get another cashier later.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Remember them? Big buildings with items for sale? No need for shipping rates or clicking?
    No.... no I don't.

Speaking of frightening clerks, there is a Sears near me that has a guy working in the tool section who looks exactly like the ghost leader guy in Poltergeist 2 who is trying to get into the house (the Mormon leader guy). No matter how badly I need something, if he is working I wait until another time to make my purchase. I swear he is going to say, "You're all going to die in there!".

What are these stores ye speak of.....I'm just used to Amazon.com for most of my purchases these days...
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

The mall on my side of town has all but vaporized. Sign of the times, I guess, since I do a lot of shopping on line.....Land's End, Zappo's, LL Bean, Amazon, 5.11, eBay, etc., etc..........
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Two stores I used to frequent are probably going to be changing for me. One, because it has closed down (had to find a better place for copies and binding, but I doubt any will meet its customer service). And two, because the nearby Chinese food restaurant I prefer has been at a 'B' food grade for about 3 months now (not really a big deal to me) but the quality and taste of its food has dropped (can't really accept that anymore). Sad to see both go out of my rotation...
    "That's what Sheev said."