Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)

Cool Stores

Remember them? Big buildings with items for sale? No need for shipping rates or clicking?

Post your experiences in these 19th century has-beens. Funny, sad, confusing, frustrating; whatever. Maybe some of you work in them, or used to.

Today, in Target, I put all the Saesee Tiin pegwarmers in front of the other SW figs. Hee hee! Ahem.

There is a Barnes & Noble that has a clerk that scares me. To be honest, I don't know why anymore. If I see that person behind the counter, I "look for" other items until I think I might get another cashier later.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Remember them? Big buildings with items for sale? No need for shipping rates or clicking?
    No.... no I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Today, in Target, I put all the Saesee Tiin pegwarmers in front of the other SW figs. Hee hee! Ahem.
    They had other figures?

Speaking of frightening clerks, there is a Sears near me that has a guy working in the tool section who looks exactly like the ghost leader guy in Poltergeist 2 who is trying to get into the house (the Mormon leader guy). No matter how badly I need something, if he is working I wait until another time to make my purchase. I swear he is going to say, "You're all going to die in there!".

What are these stores ye speak of.....I'm just used to Amazon.com for most of my purchases these days...
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

The mall on my side of town has all but vaporized. Sign of the times, I guess, since I do a lot of shopping on line.....Land's End, Zappo's, LL Bean, Amazon, 5.11, eBay, etc., etc..........
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Two stores I used to frequent are probably going to be changing for me. One, because it has closed down (had to find a better place for copies and binding, but I doubt any will meet its customer service). And two, because the nearby Chinese food restaurant I prefer has been at a 'B' food grade for about 3 months now (not really a big deal to me) but the quality and taste of its food has dropped (can't really accept that anymore). Sad to see both go out of my rotation...
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

I heard these phrases spoken by two WM employees the other day:
    "Is that the lemonade?"
    "No, it's the fruit punch, but they're the same."

Hmm.

And, tell me, should this guy loses his cool card? Wearing a Pantera t-shirt, with flowery Hawaiian shorts. \m/ OR _m/ ?

Leaving the Costco parking lot today, I saw a chipmunk standing on its hind legs in the middle of a parking space. I have no idea what it was looking at, but it didn't even flinch as I drove past the space. Quite odd. Also, since I got there soon after the store opened, once I got to the checkout lanes to pay for my cash card, there were... no cashiers or lanes open. Free stuff, then? Sadly, nope.

There's a Best Buy that's not as near to my home as the BB used to be (they moved to a "better place" I guess, once another electronics franchise folded), and every single time I go in there (which isn't too often, but has been over more than a year), the entrance has the WORST BODY ODOR SMELL once the doors open. And it used to be the case in the Curcuit City that occupied the same location. I have a bad sense of smell, too, so it takes a stench to get me to be aware of it; have no other employees or customers noticed it? :whatanincrediblesmellyouvediscovered: