Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stores

In a Toys R Us parking lot today, a bird landed on my car roof, then wouldn't fly away when I used my terrifyingly dangerous technique of waving my arms and saying "hey!" What's up with that?

And, in the checkout line at Target, the cashier asked me how my day was, and I said, "it's moving slowly, which is a good thing." Her reply and posture told me she didn't feel a "slow" day was a positive thing; eh.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

While at the Dollar Tree discount store, I saw packaging for "adhesive stickers" and "wearable party hats." Are there any other kinds of each?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    While at the Dollar Tree discount store, I saw packaging for "adhesive stickers" and "wearable party hats." Are there any other kinds of each?
    My Devo hat is unwearable unless you put a liner in it. I had to take the one out of my Darth Vader helmet and tape it in there to make it work.

I may need to add "not returning shopping carts to the pen" to my list of pet peeves; I was at several store parking lots yesterday, and almost all of them had MULTIPLE "congregations" of carts, some near the cart pen itself. With the usual wheels-on-the-curb move, or just the hope-gravity-isn't-here technique. I watched a lady put more time and effort into trying to keep it from rolling away than if she just shoved it into the holders. I know people are lazy, but that was bad even for sloth and lethargy!

p.s. Anybody else freaked out by the Target/Wal*Mart employee pow-wows on the floor? Where a group seems to re-enact Leia's pep talk at Echo Base, about how to deal with the customer assault? Is it really necessary to have those out in the open?

p.s. Anybody else freaked out by the Target/Wal*Mart employee pow-wows on the floor? Where a group seems to re-enact Leia's pep talk at Echo Base, about how to deal with the customer assault? Is it really necessary to have those out in the open?
    That's how Best Buy lost my business. I refuse to step foot in that store because of the total lack of customer service (not to mention total lack of product knowledge). Thankfully, my Target has good customer service!

Nice analogy, BCJ!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    That's how Best Buy lost my business. I refuse to step foot in that store because of the total lack of customer service (not to mention total lack of product knowledge). Thankfully, my Target has good customer service!

Nice analogy, BCJ!
    You know, I believe I stopped in that Bakersfield BB, back in July. They barely knew where the movie soundtracks section of music was. But they were helpful, if slow, in trying to find items.

When I worked at Wal-Mart, I usually didn't go to any of those meetings as I was busy trying to get the money counted in the cash office. Whatever they had to tell us didn't apply to me anyway.

You know, I believe I stopped in that Bakersfield BB, back in July. They barely knew where the movie soundtracks section of music was. But they were helpful, if slow, in trying to find items.
    I rest my case.

While leaving Wal*Mart today, I saw a little girl (maybe 3 or 4) with a plastic bloody knife, hacking at the limb of an inflatable "scary tree" display.

While leaving Wal*Mart today, I saw a little girl (maybe 3 or 4) with a plastic bloody knife, hacking at the limb of an inflatable "scary tree" display.
    A budding tree surgeon?