Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stores

Target's front-of-the-store, around-the-first-corner display? Jose Cuervo. Kraft Mac 'n Cheese. Hmm...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Maybe it's a promo for Macgaritas.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I hate going now to the shopping center where there used to be a Mervyn's, CompUSA, Wickes, Circuit City, and Borders.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I hate going now to the shopping center where there used to be a Mervyn's, CompUSA, Wickes, Circuit City, and Borders.
    Same here. In fact, the entire mall property is facing foreclosure. "They" might as well board up my side of town.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I went to my local grocery store last night for, well, groceries. Saw several emergency vehicles in front of the store, to discover that a truck had apparently done the hit-the-gas-instead-of-the-brake trick minutes earlier and took down the display window by the bread and baked goods section. Irony alert: it's also near the carpet cleaner rental section. And, nobody was hurt, thankfully.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

While in TRU yesterday, I heard the following (summarized for ease of memory):
    Grandma: "Do you have this one?" [holds up Hoth Han figure]
    5-6 year old boy: "I don't think so. Why would I need two Han Solos?"

Different 5-6 year old boy: "You said you wanted the purple one (I assume he was speaking of a Mace Windu saber). You should get it. I think you're making a bad decision."

Ah, younglings. Wise beyond their years.

I miss the old days of collecting.... Stores full of isles of wonderful toys.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

All I bought was a Sure deodorant, but it allowed me to meet and wave at a little one who justed wanted to wander around the cashier line while her dad was paying and wrangling the other kids he had with him. Oh, and I got a badly-worn-down buffalo head nickel in the change.

I like the automatic doors entering/exiting Target with their artwork: either a croquet mallet and ball moving apart, or a twin stick popcicle splitting open.

Walking into a Toys R Us today, and there was a family of mom (with little one in the cart seat, first one of them that went into the store), daughter (clearly excited to be in a toy store), and dad (texting on his phone, aware of nothing around him). Little girl runs out the entrance door; dad still notices nothing, but at least mom yells (without looking back) out "Daughter's Name, come here" from about 20 feet in the store (where she might be able to hear her). Yay cell phones and parenting.

But the oddest thing about this foray into a store was that I BOUGHT TOYS, for myself, that I WAS INTERESTED IN PURCHASING! :recessionover: