Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Stores

At a comics/toys shop (still trying to find that new The Star Wars comic) today, I bought an old Pirates Starting Lineup figure (pitcher Mike Dunne, BTW) and an Alpha Flight comic. Brought them up to the cashier; computer was running slow, and the guy apologized (I told him to not worry about it). Then, the amount was overcharged (again, I said, "no problem" as he was checking and correcting the error). I decided NOT to pay by credit card, in case more issues arose, so I handed him a $20... the change was wrong for a twenty OR a ten. He didn't think I had given him a Jackson, "and I can prove it," he said. Opened the cash drawer... and saw the $20. I got my correct change, but no other words from him. And to top it off, when I opened the comic at home, it was a 2nd printing. I don't think I will be back for a long, time.
    "That's what Sheev said."

This was odd; in K-Mart, I noticed this item in their "discount" aisle. A great deal: was $9.99, now $9! A fake Lego KISS toy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KissMart.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	28220  

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    This was odd; in K-Mart, I noticed this item in their "discount" aisle. A great deal: was $9.99, now $9! A fake Lego KISS toy!
    Just when you thought sales couldn't get any better, Kmart turns the dial up to 11 -- 11% off. Now if only Hasbro would make a Cold Slither set for their fake Lego GI Joe line...

Heard this in Target today, which defines irony as this thread has shown before:

Girl: "We've been in this store I haven't gotten anything."
    Adult: "You ordered a toy online yesterday."

Saw this today. To quote Palpatine, after being asked how many items from this store display of which I wasn't intending to buy that I should take to the cashier: "ALL of them."

Name:	AllOfThem.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	28349  

A wonderful idea! Lip balm, like a lightsaber! A way to literally wipe that smile off your face!

"I find your chapped-lip face disturbing."

Name:	LightBalm.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	28512  

Anyone have "survival stories" from Black Friday? My mother asked me to get some poinsettias from Home Depot (a legit good deal), which opened at... 5am? My worst part of that, aside from an earlier awakening post-Thanksgiving than I'd prefer, was the shaky wheels on the cart. After coming home, and breakfast out, I hit Barnes & Noble (no good deals but some good gifts bought), JC Penney (awful, abhorrently-massive lines; bought nor even picked up anything; parking was terrible, too), Steinmart (some great deals, free water bottle! ), K-Mart (decent stuff). Saw no Star Wars stuff worth buying (but I wasn't near TRU or W*M).

Got some presents for the kids at Kohls. (Their normal prices suck, but they let you stack coupons and such.)

Stopped by Walmart and Target last night to check out blu-ray sales.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I went to a store in the outlet mall (which actually isn't all outlets, never really was), and apparently one of the alert tags wasn't removed from an item. Once I realized that (after alarms going off when I ENTERED stores), I kept going back to that store (the mall is an oval, so you'll always end up where you started if you keep walking). However, not wanting to have the alarms go off anymore, I went inside ZERO stores. Saving money anyway I can, I suppose!