Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Stores

At a comics/toys shop (still trying to find that new The Star Wars comic) today, I bought an old Pirates Starting Lineup figure (pitcher Mike Dunne, BTW) and an Alpha Flight comic. Brought them up to the cashier; computer was running slow, and the guy apologized (I told him to not worry about it). Then, the amount was overcharged (again, I said, "no problem" as he was checking and correcting the error). I decided NOT to pay by credit card, in case more issues arose, so I handed him a $20... the change was wrong for a twenty OR a ten. He didn't think I had given him a Jackson, "and I can prove it," he said. Opened the cash drawer... and saw the $20. I got my correct change, but no other words from him. And to top it off, when I opened the comic at home, it was a 2nd printing. I don't think I will be back for a long, time.
    "That's what Sheev said."

This was odd; in K-Mart, I noticed this item in their "discount" aisle. A great deal: was $9.99, now $9! A fake Lego KISS toy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KissMart.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	28220  

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    This was odd; in K-Mart, I noticed this item in their "discount" aisle. A great deal: was $9.99, now $9! A fake Lego KISS toy!
    Just when you thought sales couldn't get any better, Kmart turns the dial up to 11 -- 11% off. Now if only Hasbro would make a Cold Slither set for their fake Lego GI Joe line...

Heard this in Target today, which defines irony as this thread has shown before:

Girl: "We've been in this store I haven't gotten anything."
    Adult: "You ordered a toy online yesterday."

Saw this today. To quote Palpatine, after being asked how many items from this store display of which I wasn't intending to buy that I should take to the cashier: "ALL of them."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AllOfThem.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	28349