Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Like this wonderful show?
    They only used one in the beginning, after a few seasons they dropped the LT.

would love to see them tackle a serious version of EU after Jedi (especially since anything after Jedi is EU). as far as an animated version....i think this could really be a great way to introduce the EU to a new group of kids who maybe only know of SW through the Clone Wars and the films....

I'm 100% on board for a new animated adventure of SW that follows the events of Jedi, would love to see Lucas tackle some of the EU like Heir to the Empire, Dark Empire, and maybe even have a spin-off of the Dark Forces trilogy as well.

Please please please make this a reality
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I'm 100% on board for a new animated adventure of SW that follows the events of Jedi, would love to see Lucas tackle some of the EU like Heir to the Empire, Dark Empire, and maybe even have a spin-off of the Dark Forces trilogy as well.

That would suck more then anything else has ever sucked in the history of suckitude. I'd rather have some new ideas, not Bobba getting out of the pit or Chewie dying.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    would love to see them tackle a serious version of EU after Jedi (especially since anything after Jedi is EU). as far as an animated version....i think this could really be a great way to introduce the EU to a new group of kids who maybe only know of SW through the Clone Wars and the films....

More than likely, Lucas will just do his own post-ROTJ thing and completely ignore and erase those storylines from Star Wars canon. Did Lucas honor the existing canon surrounding Boba Fett when he wrote Ep2? Did he even honor the Tartakovsky CW micro-series when he greenlighted the new CW cartoon?

So, if you love those post-ROTJ EU storylines, then the last thing you really want is Lucas himself messing around in that timeline.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    More than likely, Lucas will just do his own post-ROTJ thing and completely ignore and erase those storylines from Star Wars canon. Did Lucas honor the existing canon surrounding Boba Fett when he wrote Ep2? Did he even honor the Tartakovsky CW micro-series when he greenlighted the new CW cartoon?

So, if you love those post-ROTJ EU storylines, then the last thing you really want is Lucas himself messing around in that timeline.
    Since this is George's baby as far as I'm concerned he can do with it as he pleases. Imho the only cannon is the six movies... no more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Imho the only cannon is the six movies... no more, no less.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I've only heard about most of the "EU timeline", and most of it sounds retarded beyond belief. I think Chewie getting a planet dropped on him is probably the single stupidest idea since replacing the Ewok Celebration song in Jedi. I would rather see a hundred variations of "R2 Come Home" with the voices of Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels than any attempt to slavishly adapt Heir to the Empire. Mara Jade! Dude, It's not canon, it's just product.

"I had fought the worst of all wars, and witnessed the redemption of evil. I've seen balance restored to the Force. But order can turn to chaos… as it did when I was born. Now, with my loved ones and my loyal allies, I face a new challenge unlike any before. And I'm not sure if this time we can win." ―Luke Skywalker reflecting on the Yuuzhan Vong threat (!)
    Serious EU Fanboys have poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Since this is George's baby as far as I'm concerned he can do with it as he pleases. Imho the only cannon is the six movies... no more, no less.
    I agree 100%, but I'm injecting a dose to reality to those people who seem to be getting their hopes up that Lucas would somehow remain faithful to existing, post-ROTJ, EU storylines.

Personally, I wouldn't mind finally seeing what, if anything, Lucas had in mind for stories after ROTJ. Throughout the 80s, he was always claiming to have plans for 9 films, I've also heard that he planned to make as many as 12 films; so he must have had some ideas for what happens to Luke, Leia and Han after Ep6 and I highly doubt it was in any way similar to what we see in HTTE or Dark Empire.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Again, the only other show that was actually confirmed was the animated comedy show. That's it. Don't worry, and don't get your hopes up, about any EU retcons here.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Valentino View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. I've only heard about most of the "EU timeline", and most of it sounds retarded beyond belief. I think Chewie getting a planet dropped on him is probably the single stupidest idea since replacing the Ewok Celebration song in Jedi. I would rather see a hundred variations of "R2 Come Home" with the voices of Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels than any attempt to slavishly adapt Heir to the Empire. Mara Jade! Dude, It's not canon, it's just product.

"I had fought the worst of all wars, and witnessed the redemption of evil. I've seen balance restored to the Force. But order can turn to chaos… as it did when I was born. Now, with my loved ones and my loyal allies, I face a new challenge unlike any before. And I'm not sure if this time we can win." ―Luke Skywalker reflecting on the Yuuzhan Vong threat (!)
    Serious EU Fanboys have poor taste.
    I have to disagree with you on the comment that EU Fanboys have poor taste. I think some of the EU storyline that has come out is amazing... while not all is great ie The Hutts building there own version of the Death Star laser and Chewie getting killed by a planet falling on him, but all in all the EU has been a great adventure.

True this is your opinion about EU and you are entitled to it, but i think the EU is perhaps one of the best things to happen to SW. if we were to believe that the movies and the Clone Wars are the only cannon then I guess ROTJ should have had the tagline "and they lived happily ever after..the end" at the end of Jedi. but we know that's not the real ending, so I applaud the writers who have the guts and dreams to dive into Lucas' universe and explore future events of what might be after Jedi.

as far as the show (if there is one or not) guess we'll find out at SDCC or CV, I'm all onboard for Lucas to create a new timeline that follows the events of ROTJ (whether he uses current EU titles or completely comes up with something new.)
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Let's be fair: a planet falling on Chewie is a gross oversimplification. The Yuuzhan Vong were trying to spread terror by causing two small planets to collide, and Chewbacca sacrificed himself to save Anakin Solo by forcing Han to take him when there was only room to save one. It's not like some evil genius decided to drop a moon right on his head.

Of course, then Anakin Solo died anyway, which was stupid, since it undermined the purpose of Chewie's sacrifice.
    Tommy, close your eyes.