Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool Another Star Wars Toon? - Post RotJ!!

Steve Sansweet dropped a tease at C2E2 that there may yet be one more Star Wars animated series coming soon to a galaxy near you. This time taking place after Return of the Jedi. Ain't It Cool News has the full news. But here's the various comments from Steve Sansweet from the possible upcoming animated series. Man, I hope this is true!

From IGN:
    During the Q&A section of the panel, a fan said, "I would really love to see new adventures after Jedi with our favorite characters Luke, Han and Leia," to which Sansweet replied, "And you will, in the new animation."
    From Best Of Luck Productions:
    Steve Sansweet confirmed at C2E2 that LucasFilm plans to revisit the original cast of characters from Star Wars in post Return of the Jedi adventures.

However, it will be in the same animated format as The Clone Wars series running today.
    Oh, there was one ominous thing he said though... not everyone who dies in sci-fi stays dead. He continued by stating we'll see what he means in 3 to 4 years.
    http://www.bestofluckproductions.com/?q=node/603
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I assume the "Dead" character or characters that are being referred to is most likely....

Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sideous. If they decide to adapt the whole Clone Emporer thing.

And Boba Fett. Even though Lucas and I agree that Boba Fett died in the Sarlaac.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I appreciate your return and your enthusiasm, but aside from the official, confirmed comments - the OT characters may appear in the animation - there's no real news here. He's only talking about the show that was officially announced a few weeks ago, as discussed in its own thread.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

He means Bob A. Fett, I'm sure. You can't throw a gundark without hitting the guy these days.

As for the rest, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm not really surprised. They've driven the figure line into the EU carp pile so why not do it with the really good idea of a cartoon?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I'm not really surprised. They've driven the figure line into the EU carp pile so why not do it with the really good idea of a cartoon?
    Since you apparently haven't heard, they're really laying off the EU now since it wasn't selling as hot as they wanted it to be so, starting in the fall, the realistic line is going to refocus back on the films.

And they confirmed an animated comedy show, with the Sansweet comments being about that, though they're in the extremely early planning stages still so it's hard to know how it will turn out.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    I hope the show includes a laugh track.
    Like this wonderful show?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

M*A*S*H* - most overrated television comedy ever!

Hey if they're going to bring back a "dead" character from the OT, I'd MUCH prefer Boba Fett over Palpatine...Fett's return would be annoying but Palps' return would be downright stupid.