Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

It is a dark time for prop Collectors

Although there are a few companies carrying the license for SW prop replicas, ie: Museum Replicas and eFX, there doesn't seem to be much happening unfortunately.

eFX did just release their stunt sabers with a retail of about $99.99. They are getting mixed reviews. The best of them being the ROTS Obi-Wan. Next on their radar is Count Dooku -release date unknown. Sales so far seem to be so-so.

They also have a slew of backlogged products in development limbo including...

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Extreme Lightsaber
    McQuarrie Concept Darth Vader Helmet
    Millennium Falcon Precision Cast
    Luke Skywalker X-Wing Helmet
    Muppets Rizzo the rat
    TIE Fighter Studio Scale
    TIE Interceptor Studio Scale

There seems to be no/little communication from eFX on progress of anything. It's debated around the web if they will survive.

Museum Replicas has their clothing line, slowly making its way onto the market. Their jedi robes are starting to ship from a few etailers, their imperial officer caps car coming next. Probably gonna get the grey/green one myself. They also have full jedi tunics and boots, imperial officer uniforms and boots coming. No date on any of these. They were supposed to be out by fall of '09.

So in the mean time, we'll see how things go.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

My problem with the prop replica companies is that they keep making the same stuff over and over again.

More lightsabers? Yawn.

Oooooh, they discovered yet another miniscule new detail on Luke's ESB lightsaber? Whatever.

TIE Fighters, Millenium Falcon, X-Wings? Been there done that.

Jedi robes? Who cares?

Queen Amidala's shoes? ..... ... seriously?

I'm waiting for the cool stuff to come out like an A-Wing Pilot helmet or the ROTJ Y-Wing Pilot helmet. I would also take a studio scale A-Wing or AT-ST.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

How about stunt prop blasters? I can't afford a $700 stormtrooper blaster and since Hasbro has said they'll never make anything even close to accurate (for safety concerns) I see this as a great niche that has yet to be seriously considered.

I agree that lightsabers can only be done so many times. I bought the FX Luke and Vader and would buy the stunt prop versions but now that I'll be able to buy an FX version with removable blade I don't see much difference.

The costumes are nice, but not necessary.

Does anyone buy the studio scale ships? I have never had any interest in pieces like this.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I always like seeing eFX at conventions, and I've been awaiting that Obi-Wan Extreme hilt with baited breath for what seems like years... oh wait, it HAS been years! I can't imagine what the holdup is for them at this point, but I wish they had more news to give out.

That's too bad about the stunt sabers coming up poorly. I can't say I'm surprised, some of the pics I saw of the production were ok but nowhere near $100 territory, not with soft molding and seam lines and masked paint like that.

I have to admit, sabers do feel like a dead end right now. I prefer Hasbro's Force FX line because at least they light up, and soon they'll have removable blades. But no blasters, no affordable helmets, no miniatures and no communication makes me a sad panda.

A few of our forumites have bought studio scale ships, and I sorta understand it but at the same time the cost is so outrageous that I can't imagine how someone could own one without fainting every time the stove is turned on. (fear of burning down the house, you see)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm not digging the FX saber w/ removable blade gimmik. They're still going to be the same larger hilts in size as before. Some people are expecting an exact replicas with a removable blade -which isn't gonna happen.

There's still several sabers eFX can still successfully do. The Luke Stunt saber has gotten the poorest reviews, but several people are going to repaint them. So maybe they can swing this one around.

There hasn't been any studio scale TIE fighters as mentioned above. Closest was Icons Tie fighter back in the 90's which are damn near impossible to find or afford. So eFX can have at. Saving my money for that. The Slave I is a good choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    How about stunt prop blasters? I can't afford a $700 stormtrooper blaster and since Hasbro has said they'll never make anything even close to accurate (for safety concerns).

I agree that lightsabers can only be done so many times. I bought the FX Luke and Vader and would buy the stunt prop versions but now that I'll be able to buy an FX version with removable blade I don't see much difference.

The costumes are nice, but not necessary.

Does anyone buy the studio scale ships? I have never had any interest in pieces like this.

agree 100% with you on making the stunt blaster replics... would love to get the Stormtrooper, Clone Trooper and both Han and Luke's blasters from ANH & ESB maybe even a Jabba's Guard Blaster.

i have a few of the Master Replics FX sabers but would love to see an updated version of Luke's from ROTJ. the version that exists is just to bulky, it needs to be slimmed down and more accurate. would also love a Qui Gon one as well.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    I'm not digging the FX saber w/ removable blade gimmik. They're still going to be the same larger hilts in size as before. Some people are expecting an exact replicas with a removable blade -which isn't gonna happen.
    I haven't noticed any significant size difference, especially now that they're using the 3x AAA modules. I love them, if I could have the blade of their recent Ep 1 Obi-Wan saber come off, it'd be perfect. Of course, the only sabers I have that aren't FX are non-licensed, but I've seen the real ones at various displays, and the MR ones, and they aren't notably smaller than the Force FX 3-cells.

There hasn't been any studio scale TIE fighters as mentioned above. Closest was Icons Tie fighter back in the 90's which are damn near impossible to find or afford. So eFX can have at. Saving my money for that. The Slave I is a good choice too.
    I was going to mention that Icons one, TFAW out here had one for the longest time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    i have a few of the Master Replics FX sabers but would love to see an updated version of Luke's from ROTJ. the version that exists is just to bulky, it needs to be slimmed down and more accurate. would also love a Qui Gon one as well.
    The problem with Luke's ROTJ saber, as well as Obi-Wan's ANH and ROTS sabers, is that the neck is only slightly thicker than the dowel that was mounted inside (Obi-Wan's ANH saber neck is a grenade, actually) and far too thin to support the weight of the blade, even if it were enough to mount the electronics. But there are tricks they could use to get a little thinner, the original Luke ROTJ housing is pretty fat.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never picked up any of the Studio Scale ships from MR -though I was very tempted. And I passed on the only eFX offering (the X-Wing). Since they cost so much, my goal is to hold out for the classic TIE Fighter, Slave 1 or Tantive IV as they are my most favorite ships. If any of them get made -guaranted order from me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    agree 100% with you on making the stunt blaster replics... would love to get the Stormtrooper, Clone Trooper and both Han and Luke's blasters from ANH & ESB maybe even a Jabba's Guard Blaster.
    I'd buy a Biker Scout Pistol replica in a heartbeat.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I'd buy a Biker Scout Pistol replica in a heartbeat.
    Oh so would I. It seems that eFX would benefit from a quick money grab. If there were smart, they'd offer one for a low price (replica + display case mind you). Would be a guaranteed fast seller.