Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It just wouldn't work at this scale. When I was younger, I enjoyed playing out these scenes on the R2-D2 carry case that opened up to show the interior of the control ship from TPM. So I suppose I'm all good on this one.

I would only buy it if it came with 0% financing for six years, and there was a seat I could put in the middle so I could drive it around town.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Y'know, If hasbro were mad enough to make any capital ship I think I'd feel mad enough to reward their efforts with a purchase. That said a few of my NOs to other capital ship polls might be reconsidered by me if the vehicles came to pass. However, again, my preferance would always be OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I think we discussed that a bit in the Acclamator Star Destroyer thread. Why not continue the conversation here - about a new line of Star Wars toys, similar to Action Fleet or Titanium, but with everything SCALED to one another.

The Trade Federation Droid Control Ship would be the size of the BMF perhaps, with Titanium sized N-1 Starfighters and Vulture Fighter Droids.

I could live with there being NO (none) (zero) action figures for this toy line because the figures would have to be scaled to the Titanium sized N-1 fighters.

When I trim my nails, pieces fall off my fingers that are larger than those figures would be!

So just the ships.

Some of the Titanium fans around here rib me once in a while because I do not buy that line.

This is the way I'd go clamoring for it.

Discuss this idea as it is, but remember the thread is also about making a Droid Control Ship for the 3 3/4" figures.

By the way, I'd spend up to $300 for such a vehicle, obviously out of scale for the figures, but capable of holding them and some vehicles (AATs and an N-1, plus the original size Vulture Droid Fighters).

And this thing (out of scale) would be about the size of a for-4-seating round breakfast table or a junior kiddie pool!

It would have to replace a coffee table in a home. Perhaps the flip-up panels that let you access interior play would feature magazine racks and drink holders on the reverse side?
    It's a cool idea, but who really wants a Droid control ship the size of the BMF Falcon? Then you get to the main question, would they make a death star? That would then have to be bigger than that.

I wouldn't mind seeing ships that are too scale with a Titanium X-Wing, but if you think about, a Neblon Frigate would be 4' long+. It's just not feasible. I would be a better bet if they just bought back the action fleet.

In realizing this, I have a inkling to change all my yes' on capital ships to no's. Except for the Star Destroyer.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    It's a cool idea, but who really wants a Droid control ship the size of the BMF Falcon? Then you get to the main question, would they make a death star? That would then have to be bigger than that.

I wouldn't mind seeing ships that are too scale with a Titanium X-Wing, but if you think about, a Neblon Frigate would be 4' long+. It's just not feasible. I would be a better bet if they just bought back the action fleet.

In realizing this, I have a inkling to change all my yes' on capital ships to no's. Except for the Star Destroyer.
    You're anticipating my last OT polls - just about. I need to do the Nebulon-B Frigate (Medical Frigate) for ESB, and ANH has 2 left, one being the Death Star for certain. Since ANH is up next after I re-cap it's last poll, I think I'll go with a much smaller alternative for this week. It'll be up in a little while.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I would not purchase the Droid Control ship. I might consider a Spherical Landing craft version, like in AOTC though...

But maybe I'll wait to chime in until next week?

I can't say any 3 3/4"-scale capital ships excite me that much, mainly because too many compromises need to be made for scale purposes--even the Tantive IV, done right, would be larger that the USS Flagg. Aside from the amount of deformation that would be required, there's just no place for the average purchaser to put such beastly things.

Personally, I'd like to see Hasbro go back to the old line and start making new versions of classic playsets, like all the Hoth playsets they made for ESB. That way we could put figures in classic scenes without all the hassle of figuring out which piece of furniture has to be removed to fit that Star Destroyer. They could do all kinds of great stuff nowadays.

As for a line of small ships, all in scale with each other, well that might be interesting. I loved AF and I'd like to see a return to something like that, but there would have to be two lines, one for fighters and one for capital ships--and aside from the huge difference in size between ships (Nebulon-B twice the size of the Corvette, and the Star Destroyer more than five times the length of the Nebulon-B; makes it difficult to establish a specific price point) I don't think most capital ships are popular enough outside the die-hard fan circles to support the initiation of such a project. So, fighters, yes, absolutely, right up to Falcon-size or even Hound's Tooth (twice the Falcon's size now, according to Wookieepedia). Capital ships, no.

Capital ships would be the only attraction to that kind of line for me.

I already have nice fightercraft and I can put my action figures into them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Scaled SW ships in mini would be improbable to create. The Super Star Destroyer is 19km long, that's 12 times as long as a Star Destroyer's 1.6km length. The Trade Fed Battleship is 3.1km long and it's a circle so it's also around 3km WIDE! The Invisible Hand, by comparison, is a mere 1.1km long, while the Acclamator is just 752m long. The Venator is 1.1km as well. Home One and the Liberty were both 1.2km. The Death Star 1 was 160km, while the Death Star 2 was a ludicrous "above 900km", so those we'll have to toss aside as unfathomable in scale. Then we get into the Rebel ships, the Nebulon-B is 300m, Blockade Runner is just 150m, the Rebel Transport is 90m. You can see in this image how pathetic a scale line would be (the bottom is a small PORTION of the SSD): http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:...size_chart.png

19 km - SSD
    3.1km - Trade Fed Battleship
    1.6km - ISD
    1.2km - Mon Cal Cruisers
    1.1km - Invisible Hand
    1.1km - Venator
    0.75km - Acclamator
    0.3km - Nebulon-B Frigate
    0.15km - Rebel Blockade Runner
    0.09km - Rebel Transport

What you'd end up with is 1 ridiculously gigantic ship, and then a myriad of really small ships that get tinier and tinier until they're barely a speck.

Even if we threw out the SSD so we start with the Trade Fed Battleship, at 3.1km we'll make that the "centerpiece" despite being a particularly underwhelming one, and we'll make it 31cm - it scales down nicely, and is just a hair above a foot at 12.2". That means the ISD would be 6.2", the Mon Cal ships would be 4.7", the Invisible Hand and Venator 4.3", the Acclamator 2.9", the Nebulon-B would be 1.2", the Rebel Blockade Runner 0.59", and the Rebel Transport a whopping 0.35".

So by starting with a big salad bowl Trade Fed Battleship, only 1 other ship would be above half a food, the rest going from 4 inches to 1/3rd of an inch.

And in that equation, the SSD would be 74.8" long, or 6' 2".

So a scaled line is just not feasible.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Trade Federation Droid Control Ship loses 2-against-12.

There wasn't too much support for a smaller scaled ship collection version either, with MicroMachine sized N1s and Vulture Droids.

OK - this one's a no-go.

BTW, the "yes votes" were myself and Devo's sort of unenthusiastic "I'd buy it if Hasbro were crazy enough to..."

Now if this were a functioning toilet seat I suspect many of you could sit for this