Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm not sure, either. Most Targets around here still have four or five sets, pretty much all of which are the humans. I appreciate them finally making Roth Del-Masona and Joclad Danva (whose name I can never remember) to finish off the survivors circle, but hopefully there will be some more visually interesting stuff next time. I know they mentioned a new C-3PO a while back, and I'm looking forward to that one; hopefully it'll be in the droid factory mold.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    CS questions added!

I don't think the molded vs. painted answer is going to be what you guys were hoping for though.
    Nope, not at all, their answer just seems really dismissive towards collectors.... they're only toys for kids, so can look cheap, but we'll still charge top dollar for them. I thought the overpriced Evolutions sets and battle packs with tweaked figures were aimed at collectors rather than kids - otherwise, why not just fill them with repacked figures? And we know it all comes down to costing issues, but that still doesn't explain why a figure like the Resurgence of the Jedi Luke has a white molded head, yet the hands are separately molded in flesh colour.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Sebillba, off topic but do you have any idea when Staractionfigures will be resuming international shipping if at all? I tried to order something a while back (the grey ugnaught, since gone out of stock) and discovered that they've stopped shipping outside the UK. Theres been no updates on that since january.

Disappointing answer about the painted faces thing. Looks like that situation won't change. Have to say it doesn't bother me that much but maybe thats because I've been lucky so far and not had paint scratching off...to my knowledge anyway.

It seems ironic to me the way they say they make their figures as 'playthings' moreso than collectibles and yet it is during play that paint is most likely to be scratched off. Thus shouldn't "toys" (which I'm not saying they aren't) be even more resistant to paint scratching than something thats only intended to sit on a shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Sebillba, off topic but do you have any idea when Staractionfigures will be resuming international shipping if at all? I tried to order something a while back (the grey ugnaught, since gone out of stock) and discovered that they've stopped shipping outside the UK. Theres been no updates on that since january.
    Afraid I don't know, I didn't realise they'd stopped shipping internationally, but I'll try and find out for you. I'll send Wayne a message now, and let you know what he says.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Jedi Temple Archives got this interesting answer:

This definitely hints at a new Slave I, which would be awesome! If they weren't going to do it, they would probably just out-and-out deny it. Hopefully it's not an issue of trying to cost everything out or seeing how the market is.

Echo Base Forums had a similar thing:

A new (presumably realistic) Barriss Offee is coming spring 2011, and Cin Drallig is planned for 2012, according to Jedi Temple War Room. Awesome.

Jedi-Business got confirmation on a new Jedi Luke on a vintage card this fall that addresses the issues of the most recent one, like the chest proportions. That's great - I still need more Jedi Lukes for my displays, and a better version than the good-but-not-perfect 2009 version is definitely welcome.
    Yeah, sounds like Slave I Clone Wars, especially with Hasbro telling GH they wouldn't be doing an Ep V Slave I this year. Perhaps we should do a hypothetical "if you were to release a Clone Wars/AOTC Slave I, hypothetically, could fans expect to see an ESB repaint of it in the foreseeable future afterwards?"

Who is Jedi-Business? I looked them up, good to hear Hasbro is addressing the stuff we mentioned in Q&A.

Good job on finding a new site. Please keep me up to date on the Q&A new additions like this, I'd really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    Nope, not at all, their answer just seems really dismissive towards collectors.... they're only toys for kids, so can look cheap, but we'll still charge top dollar for them. I thought the overpriced Evolutions sets and battle packs with tweaked figures were aimed at collectors rather than kids - otherwise, why not just fill them with repacked figures? And we know it all comes down to costing issues, but that still doesn't explain why a figure like the Resurgence of the Jedi Luke has a white molded head, yet the hands are separately molded in flesh colour.
    They apparently want the flexibility to make it cheaper if they tweak it later. It's pretty goofy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    It seems ironic to me the way they say they make their figures as 'playthings' moreso than collectibles and yet it is during play that paint is most likely to be scratched off. Thus shouldn't "toys" (which I'm not saying they aren't) be even more resistant to paint scratching than something thats only intended to sit on a shelf?
    That is what I was wondering as well. I've not had much issue with it though. I know the nose on my POTJ Bespin Han has lost some flesh color, and I think there is a scratch on the leg of Smuggler Lando.

I don't think it was a painted face but the nose on my Medical frigate Luke is marked, that slightly bothers me as its the only one I have. No idea when it happened.

Devo, I've just had this reply from Star Action Figures about their international shipping - hope it helps!

[FONT=Arial]The problem with shipping outside the UK, is in the lead up to Christmas around 50% of items sent to some Euro countries never arrived. A few of these I can accept, but I got the feeling that not all went missing as claimed, and as I am liable I had to withdraw overseas shipping to all but one or two regulars. The main countries were France an Italy, but I decided to stop all oversea deliveries until I get something else in place.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]The other problem is, to get items signed for and tracked the cost goes from 3-4, up to 10-15, which for one or two figures is not worthwhile. I have been trying to get better deals, but I don't send enough parcels outside the UK, most couriers want at least 40-50 parcels week, and I just don't have that volume outside the UK. Within the UK its fine, and I have just switched over to track and trace with the Royal Mail, or use Fed Ex, both of which covers everyone.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]So I am left with two choices. Either not ship overseas at all, or do what I notice a few online stores do and that is to get the customer to fill in a disclaimer, so if the parcel does get lost or not arrive, I am not liable (although obviously I would make a claim and do what I can to get some or all the money back). I am looking into the disclaimer option, but obviously it has to be legal before I try it, but it seems the only way of affordable shipments, and I may offer that along with a parcel force option, but this will very expense, compared to the usual small packet Royal Mail rate I was charging.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]If this is an option, I hope to get it up and running within the next couple of weeks. I know I have a lot of interest outside the UK, so its something I really want and need to get back going again.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Thanks very much for making that inquiry Sebilba, appreciated.

Well, I'll see what happens. Sounds like there was good reason to discontinue international shipping. Its just I've only seen 2 chances to pick up the grey ugnaught individually without having to buy an entire case of figures I don't need and I missed one of those chances at staractionfigures because of this issue. The other I missed was Forbidden planet...unless their pic was misleading and they really only had the 1st ugnaught...which wouldn't have surprised me. Anywho..