Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Only if it comes with a Mr T figure and has at least 200 real phrases in Mr T's voice. I don't imagine that's likely.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd be more interested in a new sculpt. More accuracy, better rolling action, maybe a usable front compartment, and as stated above, removable thruster covers. I'd be willing to pay $25 for that, if done well. Include some straps for the droids and a fresh cockpit and it's a definite must-buy for me. It could even be re-tooled slightly into a non-canon "militarized" version with guns and a removable cockpit bubble.

Eh, I like the 2002 one a lot. Maybe it could have a different paint job, and it could indeed make for a nice piece in a cool box set with Tuskens and so on, but I have no use for a new one.

The last Landspeeder I bought was in 1996. I never found the 2002 version at retail and the prices on the secondary market were just too high for my wallet at the time. It's something I always thought would be cool to have, so I'd definitely buy a rerelease/repaint.

I'll pass. I love the 2002 one. One of my few items that are still on display.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I would actually be fine if there was never another Landspeeder release, but I would probably pick it up if they did release it again. Assuming, of course, it did indeed have a better paintjob than the dull and muted one of the 2002 release, as well as new features.

I actually miss the raising hood of the Vintage/POTF2 version, so I'd like to see them make use of the front area again with something like that. Although if they do that again I'd prefer a less awkward hinge, the old was just... weird. I'd also like to see a way to secure R2 and 3PO on the back, but am not sure really sure how. Although they could make an R2 with the BAD sculpt to include, and he could be secured with thin L-shaped plugs that raise on the flat area and plug into the lower holes. Though, honestly, I'm not sure there's enough space for that. 3PO could possibly just be held down with a small similiar-colored piece that goes over his legs, and plugs into holes on the flat area?

Or, they could just toss magnets into the back of the speeder, and then release a battle pack with, or include as pack-ins, R2 & 3PO with magnets in themselves.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    no thanks, i don't need another landspeeder. quite satisfied with the last (saga was it?) release.
    Yes, it was a Saga boxed set with Luke, exclusive to TRU.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post
    I'd actualy love one, as I'v never owned one before. It seems it always comes out when I lack funds.
    That's what happened to me, too. The Saga one came out when I was super broke.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Only if it comes with a Mr T figure and has at least 200 real phrases in Mr T's voice. I don't imagine that's likely.
    I don't think even the real Mr. T has 200 phrases. Both the electronic pocket celebrity sound machine for Mr T and the T'inator website have something like 8 and even they seem like a stretch.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It could be padded out with translations in bocce and the binary language of moisture vaporators.

"I pity the 01011!"
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It could have the normal phrases, and maybe mix them up a little. "I pity the school. Don't use milk, stay in drugs, drink your fool!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    It could have the normal phrases, and maybe mix them up a little. "I pity the school. Don't use milk, stay in drugs, drink your fool!"
    That I would definitely buy.

As for a straight rerelease, I hope it comes out because so many new collectors probably need it, but I wouldn't be one of the ones buying it unless it comes with a krayt dragon skeleton (Or sandworm or whatever that thing you see 3-po walking by is.)