Hybrid View

Would You Buy A New Release For Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder from ANH?

This poll was another by request.

I must add that while I don't support it, I believe Luke's Landspeeder has not been seen at retail since 2002 or 2003, so it's re-release couldn't hurt.

I don't think they should spend new tooling costs on making yet another one.

That Saga 1 Toys R Us exclusive Landspeeder was a completely new sculpt I believe.

If you want this vehicle made or released again, I think you should describe how you envision it.

I'm not sure we need another release with Luke, Obi-Wan, R2 and C-3PO while Resurgence of the Jedi is still on the shelves.

But do you want Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder re-made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Most definitely I think I could do with another. Particularly with a repaint and if they would reveal a compartment behind the drivers/passenger chairs for Threepio to put his feet when sitting on the back.

I know JT isn't convinced that there actually is a space behind those chairs where 3PO puts his feet but it would at least help secure a Threepio figure on the back of a toy landspeeder.

I would absolutely buy one. I never got the TRU set, and just last weekend was telling a friend of mine how the Landspeeder was one of the few vehicles I regretted passing on.

I think it might be a bit too "lean" to fill a starfighter assortment box, but I could be wrong- it's been a while since seeing it in person. If the price was right, an exclusive set with the Speeder, Luke, R2, a VOTC Tusken Raider and a modern 3Po sculpt with dirt and removable limb could be very cool. They could use it as a way to give us a better Luke than the Resurgence version, with updated legs and molded (not painted) face...

If they were still doing the UBP's, they could add a second Tusken (or a Kenobi) and a Bantha to re-create the entire scene.

Yes, this was the first vehicle I bought in the POTF2 line and that's still the only one I've got. There's been a more recent version but it was way too expensive an hard to find. Point is, I've been eagerly waiting for a new version of this one.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

hard to say... if they were doing an UBP then maybe but only if they included 2 Tuskans, a Bantha, Luke, R2, Kenobi and Damaged Threepio. I know it's asking alot but that's the only way I'd buy it. would really be cool if it could make the sound effects as well.

if it's just a straight re-release then it's a pass
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Yes, I want one. The Saga one could use a little more oomph, even if it is accurate in size (which I guess it is, but it looks so short). So more weathering would be nice at the very least.

3PO's legs are off to the side, not inside the seats, there's no cavity there.

I would like to see the rest of the bubble as a removable piece, and an opening hood, and removable panels on all the thrusters.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.