Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Princess Leia Car Wash!!!

No kidding here, I found this on another (non-SW related) forum.

It could very well be the ultimate car-obsessed/Star Wars fanboy fantasy. What is this latest object of our geekery? How about a car wash carried out by a gaggle of Princess Leias? And not just any Princess Leia, mind you, but slave Leia. We told you already: Ultimate car-obsessed Star Wars fanboy fantasy.

Not surprisingly, the fertile minds over at G4TV's Attack of the Show were behind the stunt, and proceeds from the Star Wars Charity Car Wash went to the Make A Wish Foundation. And if you're worried it was all just a horrible example of male chauvinism (yeah, it probably was), Han Solo, Darth Vader, Obi Wan, a slew of Storm Troopers and even a Tusken Raider and pair of Jawas were also present and accounted for. What, no Olivia Munn?

Video? Of course, four of them in total. See it all go down after the break.
    Link:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/28/v...e-not-kidding/
    May the force be with you.

I'd buy that for a dollar!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Utterly epic! Oh, if only Padme had a frame like that in the movie...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I wish they did that in Northwest Ohio......

Oh wait, it's still in the 50's-60's here.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post

That is warmer then it is in NE Wisconsin right now.

Better yet!
    May the force be with you.

I don't know, it's not the same if they are dressed as Snow Bunny Padme. You feel bad because they are soaked and freezing, so you offer them an opportunity to warm themselves by your fireplace. But then all she wants to talk about is politics and how she's a senator and such.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I don't know, it's not the same if they are dressed as Snow Bunny Padme. You feel bad because they are soaked and freezing, so you offer them an opportunity to warm themselves by your fireplace. But then all she wants to talk about is politics and how she's a senator and such.
    Great new business idea, maybe come winter some snow bunny Padme's will shovel driveways and sidewalks for charity?

Ack! This is right down the street from my mailbox place, the bank in the background is one of the branches I use regularly, and that's my "backup" Whole Foods behind it (it's a mile south of the "main" Whole Foods, which is pretty silly when you think about it, but they're both super busy so there's really a need). AND MY CAR HAS NEEDED A WASH FOR MONTHS! (I keep putting it off because my local carwash is under indictment from the city attorney for treating its employees especially badly and it keeps getting picketed, and every time I head out towards further ones the weather is just threatening enough to make it not worth my while.)

On the other hand, actually watching the video of it makes it look kinda sleazy and pathetic, I would have felt pretty foul playing into those stereotypes.

On the other OTHER hand, my car is sleek and Stormtrooper white.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    AND MY CAR HAS NEEDED A WASH FOR MONTHS! (I keep putting it off because my local carwash is under indictment from the city attorney for treating its employees especially badly and it keeps getting picketed, and every time I head out towards further ones the weather is just threatening enough to make it not worth my while.)
    Bucket + water + dish soap + rag + towel to dry = car wash. It'd take (at most) 15 minutes to do it yourself.