Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capt. Rex!

Capt. Rex!

Capt. Rex preorders next Friday...preview is up!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Wow do I not like the AOTC-styled helmet and that weird pauldron. Maybe it'll look better in a week when they show the full pics, but man does that leave me cold.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Wow do I not like the AOTC-styled helmet and that weird pauldron. Maybe it'll look better in a week when they show the full pics, but man does that leave me cold.

I don't mind the helmet, but the pauldron screams animated. I guess that means we will not be getting an animated and realistic head, like they did with Ventriss?

Having not opened any on the figures do to a space problem, have any of the clones, stromtroopers have removable helmets?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I agree with you. The helmet actually doesn't look right to me. The pauldrons make the figure look bulky and I'm not crazy about the paint scheme. I think it should be a darker blue. I think Sideshow missed the mark on this one.

Here's the link, for those who haven't seen it yet:
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=...m_medium=email

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I don't mind the helmet, but the pauldron screams animated. I guess that means we will not be getting an animated and realistic head, like they did with Ventriss?
    I was wondering about that, they said Cody would be shipping with a realistic and animated helmet under a new "deluxe" line, but since we still haven't seen Cody, it seems odd that they'd offer the animated head on Rex first. Could happen though.

Having not opened any on the figures do to a space problem, have any of the clones, stromtroopers have removable helmets?
    No, they don't. The Luke & Han Stormtrooper exclusives have alternate helmets that have detailed interiors, but they are too close-fitting to go over the head, they were not designed to be worn. Sideshow's argument is that a removable helmet feature would take away from the authenticity of the sculpt of the helmet since they'd have to make it bigger to accommodate the nose, ears, and hair of a figure where in real life those can be pliant enough to slip into a helmet. The Vader and Stormtrooper figures' helmets I have personally looked at have a long post running into the middle of the helmet and a long cup running from the top of the helmet down, so it would not be possible to get a head into them without cutting off that cup.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I really like Capt. Rex, but the figure looks off. Maybe I need to see more pics. I'd get it, but I'd rather have Cody first. In fact, Rex would be aguaranteed buy from me if Cody had come first.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Cody has been in the works for a year, I don't know why we're seeing Rex first. Maybe it's that Cody's got different shoulder, chest, and knee armor, as well as antennae that make the helmet and shoulder more difficult, plus the awkward little jetpack on the back.

Based on this one preview shot, Rex isn't doing it for me either...but I'll reserve judgment until the complete gallery goes up...

As for Cody...I'm sure he's probably a centerpiece of the SDCC announcements/PPO's. I'm really looking forward to him too...hoping he's a real "knock our socks off" effort, especially when it's a fair guess that his price tag's gonna be steep....

Complete photo gallery is up....there's going to be opinions galore on this one!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Wth is the exclusive? SS's descriptions do not say what it is. Pretty dumb