Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No, it does nothing in the films, and it would be a boring toy and a weird-looking collectible.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    So would I spend up to $400 for something cool for Star Wars? Already have.
    Except this isn't remotely cool.

If you own the BMF ($150) and TurboTank ($100) and AT-TE ($100) and a Corporate Alliance Tank Droid and a V-wing - you've spent $390 right there. Perhaps you got stuff on sale? Perhaps you could get a Rebel Medical Frigate ($250) on sale?
    Oh boy, 5 exciting, aggressive vehicles, vs. Aww, 1 boring do-nothing hollow shell of a medical frigate.

And keep in mind, that $250 estimate I made was against the OLD Millennium Falcon, not the new one. The new one to fit under this really would be around $400 and that's under the assumption that it gets a full product run rather than the heavily truncated run required for something with such limited appeal. A limited run (say, 1,000 or so) would probably triple the price and STILL might not cover the costs of cutting that much steel on tooling.

Honestly, these polls seem like a waste of time with ideas like this. There's ZERO chance this will happen. In all the multiverse, there are NO alternate dimensions or timelines where anybody would make this product. There would never be a chance that enough people would get excited enough to warrant a company making this product.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know man, that kid looks like he's having fun!

I also feel that not every toy has to have tons of firing missiles and electronic lazer guns. Part of play is taking your figures and acting out a storyline. So I love the idea of the Medical Frigate, the Republic Star Destroyer, and the Tantive IV, because it's a place where lots of figures can gather around briefing room tables, plan battles, fix R2-D2, and recover from lightsaber wounds.
    Last edited by Fat Valentino; 04-30-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts...

That's fine for, say, a $20 toy, but $250 to $1200??? And the Medical Frigate isn't a vessel folks gathered around briefing rooms in, nor would the suggested design actually have room for a lot of space for that. Not everything can be the USS FLAGG.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Not everything can be the USS FLAGG.
    You're right. And the old Kenner line had nothing that even came close. It's a pretty good time for BIG vehicle collectors! That said, I bet that Hasbro's planning a Clone Wars Republic Star Destroyer. Notice how many interesting, Classic trilogy inspired interior play spaces we saw featured in last week's Boba Fett episode? I'd bet the farm that there's one announced by this time next year, and I bet there'll be retro gunner stations...

I really doubt they'd do anything bigger than the BMF at this point. I'm thinking AT-AT will be the next AT-TE, and Slave I will be around the size of baby's first riding toy, I mean, Turbo Tank.

To Prioritize big vehicles:

Republic Star Destroyer (because of the Clone Wars tie-in)

Jabba's Sailbarge (because ROTJ is due, and collector demand. Plus CW can include it and the size makes it really feasible in light of the Black Pearl.)

Rebel Blockade Runner (because of tradition and collector demand. Plus CW can include it - and the size makes it more feasible.)

The Imperial Star Destroyer

Now I've simply polled all the OT large vehicles to be complete (except The Executor). The Mon Calamari Star Cruiser was the most unlikely one due to size and interest.

I don't plan on polling the Executor because the Imperial Star Destroyer lost its poll (barely) but the Gungan Sub split the vote 50-50 and I didn't count that as "a win." There's only 14 of us regularly participating in these discussions and sometimes up to 20-something (Jabba's sailbarge due to obvious collector demand). But if I'd have an Imperial Star Destroyer be no less than 9 feet long (my own preference), the Executor? Forget it!

Off scale to even the Imperial Star Destroyer, it would be at least 13 feet long or more. (I said OFF-SCALE to an Imp Star Destroyer - assuming they made us a 9 footer).

I don't rememer the dimensions of the USS Flag, but I'd love a regular Star Destroyer done to maybe that scale or slightly larger.

The Rebel Medical Frigate doesn't need to be that big. I'd say 6 feet to fit the OLD Millennium Falcon underneath it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I hate to say it and it will never happen, but if Hasbro ever did make a 6-foot Medical Frigate, I would probably try to find a way to buy it. I've just always been a fan of the design of this ship. So I guess that's a yes from me, but it will never happen.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'll give another 'if they were insane enough to make it then Yes' answer. However, along with the mon calamari star cruiser it is probably the least likely of all the already unlikely capital ships.

I always kinda liked the look of this ship. So if they would make it, I'd probably buy it. But the odds of it ever getting made are pretty much nil.