Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes. The question is "would you buy it?" That assumes that Hasbro makes it.

- and that you like the ship and would want to own it.

Additionally, you can input on what you'd pay for it, how big you'd like the ship to be, and what features you'd want to have on it.

If you don't want it, you'd probably either be concerned about the size and the price. Maybe, you just don't like the ship and what its function in the movie was.

"Because you'd prefer a different big ship (obviously Jabba's Sailbarge takes the cake on this one)" isn't the reason though. We already overwhelmingly voted in favor of the sailbarge. This isn't a question of "wasting the plastic and marketing budget." The Rebel Medical Frigate would not - simply because for Hasbro to make the RMF before Jabba's Sailbarge with the Sailbarge's kind of fan support, would be ludicrous!

I'd also say that a big ticket item like this would not come out on top of another big ticket item (like a star destroyer) and they'd be around on the market for a while - possibly done for some kind of made-to-order with non-refundable deposit plan - like we discussed for the Republic Star Destroyer.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

i don't need an outboard motor as a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Valentino View Post
    I don't know man, that kid looks like he's having fun!
    ROTFLMAO!

I seriously hope you wouldn't base your opinion off of that in ANY situation!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

What would the point of this "toy" be? What fun would be derived from the Medical Frigate were someone actually to make it? What would justify making such a large and expensive entry beyond completism and 1 diorama?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It could be highly inaccurate and transform into a marauding metal dinosaur of doom, who fights the Darth Vader Death Star!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    It could be highly inaccurate and transform into a marauding metal dinosaur of doom, who fights the Darth Vader Death Star!!
    Hey, don't reveal the plot to "Star Wars: Episode VII - Thanks for the Money"!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

In defense of non-violent action figure play...

The Medical Frigate was pretty low on my list of capital ships, too. (Star Destroyer, Republic Star Destroyer, Rebel Blockade Runner...Medical Frigate?) But as I described in a previous post, it's a set that becomes more appealing when I think of it as a homebase or mothership.

Include a medical bay with cool bacta tank, a briefing room, and a good sized bridge. It's like, remember the Kenner Ewok Village? The heaviest action was a net and an elevator! And it's probably the all-time favorite Star Wars toy for those collectors who were kids during the first three films and played with the old Kenner figures.

I see the Medical Frigate as a Star Wars counterpart to The Real Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters. Not a lot of heavy "action" potential sure, but instead a great set piece to play with your figures.

The Rebel Medical Frigate Vehicle TIED for a loss, 7-7.

The ship really needed more votes to push it over the hump, especially with few people voting (14-16 people is about average, but high demand vehicles pulled in nearly 30 participants in those threads that generated a higher interest).

Empire Strikes Back had 4/9 new vehicles demanded (tying ROTJ, btw).

ANH actually still has the highest demand for new vehicles thus far (and it's the oldest SW movie!).

ESB polling is now complete. We're done.

It worked out so there were 9 vehicles from each OT movie polled for. 4/9 won for ESB.

The Winners are:

Bespin Twin Pod Cloud Car [26-3] ***
    Hoth's Echo Base Rebel Personnel Carrier [16-0]
    Imperial Probot Droid With Delivery Pod Shuttle [16-0]
    Hoth's Echo Base Rebel Laser Ice Drill [10-4]

The losers were:

Imperial Star Destroyer [9-10]
    Rebel Transport [9-10]
    TIE Bomber [5-10]
    Hoth AT-ST [10-11] ***
    Rebel Medical Frigate [7-7]

*** Hasbro has confirmed they will actually be producing these vehicles, not at all due to the results from our poll.

The AT-ST Hoth version is a low-cost issue for them, and the Twin Pod Cloud Car was already a commonly known high-demand-vehicle.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Maybe they could make an undersized mini-rig medical frigate, throw wheels on it, and have it set up so one figure could ride it.

I'd buy it if the pack-in is the obvious "2-1B with a mullet and flames painted down his sides."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Maybe they could make an undersized mini-rig medical frigate, throw wheels on it, and have it set up so one figure could ride it.

I'd buy it if the pack-in is the obvious "2-1B with a mullet and flames painted down his sides."
    Sort of like those Customs?
    Have 2-1B with a mullet riding an orange medical frigate motorcycle with a zip cord?
    Even have it with sound where it says, "I'd practice on a hot dog first."?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-