I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this The Rebel Medical Frigate From ESB?).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The Rebel Medical Frigate From ESB?

This is one of the craziest offerings Hasbro could ever make for a capital ship. It's probably a very bad idea but I need to poll for it, and try to determine how I'd design it to be as cool as possible.

I started by figuring out what's essential for this ship:

1) It will need clear-stands to support itself. That's the only way. The 12" Collection's Target Exclusive Speederbike was made this way. It can be done. The "whoosh factor" (of a "flyable" ship) is completely lost on the Nebulon-B frigate design - but in defense of that - probably no one "flies" their BMF either. Yes it's more of a playset - but this poll is about vehicles that will at least look like the actual ship from their exterior.

There are 3 key scenes on the Nebulon-B Medical Frigate in the movie and the ship needs to fulfill these (reasons 2 and 3 and 4 follow).

2) In the back of the ship, it's entirety must open (via a side pannel) for at least one big room. Add the POTJ Deluxe Bacta Tank set and a hospital bed for 2-1B to play doctor at, and have the closing pannel feature the big window that Luke and Leia are standing at. Now you can operate on Luke's hand. Also the Nebulon-Bs were widely used by the Empire. Maybe for alternate play you can add the "Build Darth Vader" Deluxe Set to do repairs after big battles like in The Force Unleashed.

3) a boarding tunnel needs to connect to the Millennium Falcon. Unfortunately, I don't see this as being feasible. Certainly not with the BMF which was not designed for it. A retooling and re-release of the 1979 KENNER Falcon mold could include a docking module that replaces the gunner station for just such a use. Sure you could do that with the BMF, but making the Nebulon-B big enough is never going to happen, in my opinion. You might just get away with this with a 6 foot long Medical Frigate stood on clear stands, over the 1979 Falcon.

4) Firing missiles. Every kid loves bright red plastic. In ROTJ, the Nebulon-B was shown defending itself as it broadsides with a star destroyer. Some rotating "Rebel guns" like the blockade runner has could be scaled down and added to the ship.

Probably last on my list, but essential - though not shown in the movie - every ship needs a bridge. A small removeable pannel area in the front could reveal seats for 3 - Tantive IV cockpit style. Rebel troopers and some one made in Madine's style could command this ship.

If you want this vehicle made as well, I think you should describe how you envision it.

So do you want The Rebel Medical Frigate From ESB made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

What do you think it would cost?

Are you going to buy it / make a space in your collection for it?