Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Would You Buy Asajj Ventress' Fan Blade Starfighter?

I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Asajj Ventress' Fan Blade Starfighter From Clone Wars).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Asajj Ventress' Fan Blade Starfighter From Clone Wars?

This ship (pictures below) could be made for the $24 starfighter assortment which has successfully sold EU vehicles.

The vehicle should have a manually rotating cockpit bubble so when the ship turns, the cockpit can be turned so the pilot is right side up, whether the wings are vertical or horizontal. I personally don't want a gravity controlled realignment, but a stiff turning cockpit that requires you to manually do it.

The fan wings should fold inward for landings and lightspeed, obviously. They can probably be made from light folding plastic with seams built into it.

Landing gear could manually be extended from underneath either side of the ship's body.

A softgoods Ventress would fit in the cockpit to fly the vehicle.

The cannons on each side of the fanblade should feature 1 firing missile and one non-firing cannon there just for appearances.

That would do it. The softgoods Ventress might be a pack-in for an exclusive and the ship might have a compartment to store her double lightsabers.

Do you want Asajj Ventress' fanblade starfighter made?

What other features would you want on this?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200px-Fanblade.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	22941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px-GinivexClassStarfighterSotG.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	22942  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Nope. This one does not interest me to the least.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Yeah I'd buy it. I kinda liked it and I could do something cool with it since I already have the Azure Angel and a couple other ships from that dogfight scene. I always thought it was a pretty neat design also. Unfortunately the ship is already taken from Asajj at this point in the CW shows so unless she gets a new one and it sees some screen time, I don't think we'll see it. Speaking of, I haven't even seen Asajj in an episode in a long time.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I'm on the fence. My first instinct was "no," but, then again, I do have Anakin's sweet custom "podracer" Jedi Starfighter to display with it, so, sure, if it looked like it was worth the price.

sorry Tycho but it's a no for me.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

It's really not all that interesting, and I'm not sure the fanblade aspect would work that well. They're not likely to do any more big items from the microseries, and she doesn't use the ship in the current show, so I'm not asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5
    Speaking of, I haven't even seen Asajj in an episode in a long time.
    Wow, you're right - she wasn't in season two at all. I heard she'll be back in season three and they're going to go deeper into her character, which should be interesting.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I do like the idea of another $20 vehicle, but I am having a very hard time getting behind this particular design. It's not Star Warsy at all to me like a few other Genndy-only CW designs, and it's ridiculously thin. And I don't understand these designs where the guns are WAAAAAY far out on wide wings, and there's nothing closer, that would make close-up fighting a big disadvantage, since your weapons aren't even in your sight range, you can't aim them at the enemy that close. I also don't think there's a way to deliver the folding fan wing system in a practical measure, and this thing has no space for engines or anything of that nature.

I'm going to say NO. I want to say otherwise, but the reality is that I think it'd make a lousy toy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Really?

I think it seems a lot more Star Wars-y than a lot of prequel ships. Particularly the corporate dropships.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Really?

I think it seems a lot more Star Wars-y than a lot of prequel ships. Particularly the corporate dropships.
    What dropship are you talking about? I have no idea.

I think this looks absolutely nothing like Star Wars. It's a lazy design with just a bubble cockpit, 2 very small engines, and 2 ridiculous, thin wings on a fanblade. It does remind me a little of Dooku's Solar Sailer, but while I thought that thing sucked too, at least it tried to give a little more vehicle to its design.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.