Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New and improved Bounty Hunter Jodo Kast - Kmart exclusive

I was just fine and dandy with the one from 2008, but a new one is evidently coming soon as a Kmart exclusive. He's on the shadows of the Dark Side packaging, not vintage - though the coloring on top puts him with Clone Wars, not Saga Legends, despite him being realistically styled and not appearing in the TV show. Kmart seems to do well with carrying their exclusives, for the most part, so at least it shouldn't be too difficult to track down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Kmart seems to do well with carrying their exclusives, for the most part, so at least it shouldn't be too difficult to track down.
    Too bad he'll be $17.

This is pretty weird. Didn't someone from Hasbro say at one point the Legacy figure was the only chance of ever seeing Jodo Kast, and here's a new one? I'm afraid this might be too minor a character for many collectors to want to upgrade, and, even if $17 is exaggerating, K-Mart is pricey. (I'm going to seriously guess $10-12 for this.) This concerns me on the one hand, since he could be a pegwarming disaster; on the other, I'm glad they're keeping K-Mart happy by giving them exclusives, but keeping collectors happy by giving K-Mart exclusives many people won't want.

Somewhere, everywhere, within the dimly lit aisles of so many local K-marts, the most rabid Hot Wheels "collectors" are ravaging a fresh flock of innocent and unsuspecting cases. Cardboard carcasses litter the ground and hang off the tips of virgin pegs; virgin to stock that you're actually looking for. Momentarily they freeze, raising their heads from their die-cast bounties; from their treasure hunt hoard; from their stash of fresh Ecto-1s, grinning a grin so evil, so maniacal, as their loathsome hive mind tremors with the news of an ebay exclusive Star Wars figure. As quickly as the disturbance came, they return to their savage simplicity. Disturbed only once more as a new feeder unwittingly enters their fray; a new hire, carrying a new supply of fresh die-cast and plastic to its unfortunate fate, so blissfully ignorant of the horde which stalks the stock.

Yeah, I'm bitter about the jerks buying every single Ecto-1 to put them in lots of 4 for $20 or more on ebay.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Weird choice, but it goes with the Legends theme of "bounty hunters", I suppose. I traded my last one, so now I can get another, but dang if kmart isn't the worst choice.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I want him...much needed improvement over the last Jodo Kast. hopefully i can find him.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Weird choice, but it goes with the Legends theme of "bounty hunters", I suppose. I traded my last one, so now I can get another, but dang if kmart isn't the worst choice.
    I still think Service Merchandise was the worst choice ever for an exclusive with the ones they got back around 1998. At least there are plenty of K-marts spread across most of the country. Still it's going to be doubly overpriced as both an exclusive and a K-mart exclusive. I just wonder what else will be released as an exclusive with it. It really wouldn't make sense to ship cases of some second rate mando few people have ever heard of without a few other figures in the wave.

Yeah, I remember dealing with Service Merchandise back in the day, they had a store outlet that I think I ended up going to and it didn't pan out so I had to use their catalog, but those exclusives were 12" figures, so it's a different league IMO.

Today, I think Diamond/Previews is the worst choice simply because of how spotty distribution is and how uncontrolled pricing is, but they don't get single figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

K-Mart's run some decent sales on some of their other exclusives (like the Rise of Cobra multipack), but would they run a sale on just one figure? And, if it costs more than the normal figure (highly likely), would it be included in any sales on standard figures?

Hey, I'm all for this one. I was really disappointed in the version from 2008 (I really wanted to do a Jodo Kast vs Boba Fett mini-dio) with it's floppy joints and weirdly sculpted arms. I just hope I can find one of these, there's only like one spotty Kmart near me, and I have no problem paying extra bucks for a single figure at Kmart prices.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Anybody know of a release date? Or if they will carry them at Sears Grand stores? They are the same company after all, and the closest Kmart is about 90 miles away.