Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    JP, I am not seeing what you are describing in that pic still.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I keep seeing just shelf tags.

At this rate, I won't be able to exchange the busted one and will just have to glue Oola's leg.
    I asked your question about that in the CV Q&A, Derryl says they'll work super hard to get you a replacement if you contact Hasbro Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbapalacespy View Post
    Got Jabba today. I'm mostly pleased with it. Oola is awesome! I've been waiting for a SA scult of her for years. Jabba looks good in my opinion, although his tail doesn't bend all the way into a neat curve and has an awkward bend in it. Salacious Crumb is the same figure packaged in with C-3PO a few years ago so nothing new there. The throne is okay, but I'll stick with the one I made for my diorama since this new one doesn't fit right. Seems to me the gargoyle heads on the throne are a bit puny too. Overall though it was a worthwhile purchase.
    I felt the same way about the tail bending not curved enough.

I talked with the designer on this one about the gargoyle heads, the problem isn't the heads, they are in scale to Jabba and Salacious and stuff, it's that the rest of the dais is too tall. He said he had source material from LFL showing it thick like that, and others showing it thinner like I was saying. I think he went with the thicker one because in the movie it's shot low and looks tall.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I asked your question about that in the CV Q&A, Derryl says they'll work super hard to get you a replacement if you contact Hasbro Customer Service.
    I appreciate you asking that, but I'm so scared of not having a Jabba at all after some of the horror stories I've heard about folks who sent in damaged items for replacement, I'd rather wait to find another at Wal-Mart.

It'll sacrifice her mobility, but I'd glue her leg in place before I'd do anything that might risk my having one of the few Star Wars toys that made me jump up and down and cheer when I first saw the pictures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I appreciate you asking that, but I'm so scared of not having a Jabba at all after some of the horror stories I've heard about folks who sent in damaged items for replacement, I'd rather wait to find another at Wal-Mart.

It'll sacrifice her mobility, but I'd glue her leg in place before I'd do anything that might risk my having one of the few Star Wars toys that made me jump up and down and cheer when I first saw the pictures.
    I totally understand not wanting to send in your Jabba, I got burned 1 time out of about a dozen doing that - they sent some Transformers figure that was just all wrong. But you should contact them anyway, see if they'll just take back Oola, Derryl's answer said the replacement is from their own stuff and I got the impression that meant sometimes piecemeal. If you don't like their answer, or you get cold feet, they won't mind if you back out - I had to back out on returning the CW Y-wing to them last year when I heard they couldn't supply me with a box and wouldn't be paying me the sales tax back (they were willing to give a refund though which impressed me), they sent me several return slips and when I explained online why I wasn't using them, they were totally cool with it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Way back in 1997, when I bought the first POTF2 AT-AT, the Commander figure had some seriously screwed up paint applications on his face. So I called Hasbro customer service and they only had me send back the one figure, not the entire AT-AT. Of course, they sent me back an AT-AT Driver in exchange, but at least the figure was still related to the AT-AT.

I'm not sure if their policies have changed, but it can never hurt to call them and ask.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Wal-Mart.com has the new Jabba for sale on its website. If you concerned about this exclusive not showing up in your neck of the woods, this would be a good opportunity to get one. Standard shipping was only $1.97, so thats cheaper than I could drive to the local WM and find one.

Can not find this on their site anymore.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    Can not find this on their site anymore.
    SOLD OUT!!!!...faster than Lady GAGA tickets at a **** festival
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 09-03-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Just type in "jabbas throne" at the search prompt and the listing still comes up, but yeah, its sold out for now. Its a hotter item than I expected. I discovered it at about 12am and I guess by around 1am it was already sold out.

Soooooo frustrated! My local WalMart that said they had 100 on order took the tags off the shelf and NONE of the other WalMarts in my area got more than 2 from what I can tell and they are all sold out. Worst off, no one seems to have any idea if they'll be getting any more but since the tags are coming off of the shelves it seems unlikely. Either WM's distribution on this is incredibly bad or they didn't order very many from Hasbro (which seems unlikely). If I have to resort to eBay for this piece I'm going to be really unhappy.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Someone in this equation took a poor, defenseless puppy and totally abused it. (I can't say the actual expression, but I'm sure everyone can figure it out.)

thit heo nuong
    Tommy, close your eyes.