Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Well, I got the UPC off of Walmart.com and had a friend of mine from work show me how to use the item locator on the store computer. The computer didn't even register the UPC which meant that it had never been entered in, because our store had never actually received a shipment. My friend, who's been working there for over 10 years, said that it was unlikely that we would ever get one in our store if the computer didn't recognize the UPC. So that kind of took the wind out of my sails.

So, I did a search on the store website and found out that one of the Walmarts in Springfield supposedly had these sets in stock, so I took a trip up there on Wednesday. It wasn't the only reason I wanted to drive up there, but I found myself getting more and more excited about the prospect of actually seeing this set as I made the 1-hour drive. I went to the big, new Walmart on I-55 and nothing. Then the other small Walmart next to Target and again, nothing. I was actually surprised by how disappointed I was to not see this set.

I also stopped by Target and TRU and saw no sign of the Hoth UBPs, vintage boxed Snowspeeder, TIE Fighter or AT-AT, and only an empty spot on the shelf where the CW Rise of Boba Fett Slave 1 used to be. However, I can't say that I'm really all that worried about missing out on any of that stuff.

On the way home, I was resigned to getting Jabba off of Ebay and deciding how much above retail I wanted to pay. I think I had decided that I would be willing to pay up to $50 for this, but I figured I could wait until after the new year to start looking.

Well, I had to work last night and, after we got released at 7 AM, I decided to make my regular walk over to the toy aisle to see what was new over there. I was planning on buying some more Sandtroopers to build up my squad of those guys, but quickly lost interest in that. So I walked over to the clearance aisle to see if they had dropped that CW Y-Wing down in price any further (I think it's still sitting there for $45) and lo and behold there is a Jabba's Throne set just sitting on the bottom shelf of the clearance aisle. No shelf label or anything for it, so I snatched it up and took it to the register and it rang up as $38.88 and ended up being $37.53 after taxes and my employee discount.

I'm looking at it now and am just totally amazed at the overall quality of the entire set. Especially the detail work on Jabba. Oola looks pretty good too, but I'm probably going to display it with Leia. Definitely worth the $38 to me.

Now I just need wave 3 and I'm done with Star Wars purchases for the year.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Well, I had to work last night and, after we got released at 7 AM, I decided to make my regular walk over to the toy aisle to see what was new over there. I was planning on buying some more Sandtroopers to build up my squad of those guys, but quickly lost interest in that. So I walked over to the clearance aisle [snip] and lo and behold there is a Jabba's Throne set just sitting on the bottom shelf of the clearance aisle. No shelf label or anything for it, so I snatched it up and took it to the register and it rang up as $38.88 and ended up being $37.53 after taxes and my employee discount.
    I am SO glad that you finally scored one of these. I know how frustrating it can be when you are looking for something and never finding it... especially when you travel those distances carrying that much hope with you.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I am SO glad that you finally scored one of these. I know how frustrating it can be when you are looking for something and never finding it... especially when you travel those distances carrying that much hope with you.
    Yeah, I can't remember the last time that I had to put THIS much effort into tracking down a new release. Or the last time I actually wanted something enough to actually put in this much effort. Most of the stuff that's come out within the last few years has either been extremely plentiful or I just don't really care about it.

I'm not complaining, though; I actually prefer collecting to be this way. When you have to actually work to find items and don't just wait around for them to flood your local stores, it really helps to separate the stuff you really want from the stuff you just think you want.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    When you have to actually work to find items and don't just wait around for them to flood your local stores, it really helps to separate the stuff you really want from the stuff you just think you want.
    That really says it all right there!

I generally have a difficult time finding things in the Cleveland area. The biggest reason is that I don't have time or the desire to make toy runs on a daily basis. To me, there's nothing more wasteful (time, gas and wear & tear on the car) than doing that and no toy is worth that. I've started ordering figures on the web as I really haven't the time or patience to run around finding one figure to complete the wave or what I want out of the wave. I frequented one Walmart* for about a week until I found the Jabba and I'm glad I did. I haven't seen it or a placeholder for it at any of the local Walmart*s. So... yeah.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Jabba's Throne came back in stock at my Severn, Super WalMart...they had at least 6 on the bottom shelf.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    Jabba's Throne came back in stock at my Severn, Super WalMart...they had at least 6 on the bottom shelf.
    Ditto in Frederick. I'm glad I got it when it was $4 cheaper though.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    That really says it all right there!

I generally have a difficult time finding things in the Cleveland area. The biggest reason is that I don't have time or the desire to make toy runs on a daily basis. To me, there's nothing more wasteful (time, gas and wear & tear on the car) than doing that and no toy is worth that. I've started ordering figures on the web as I really haven't the time or patience to run around finding one figure to complete the wave or what I want out of the wave. I frequented one Walmart* for about a week until I found the Jabba and I'm glad I did. I haven't seen it or a placeholder for it at any of the local Walmart*s. So... yeah.
    I didn't see it at the steelyard when I was in Cleveland last week. I haven't seen it in Toledo yet, but I haven't visited the Spring Meadows one, which usually is the area store that gets the exclusives.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Finally found one here in West Texas! This Jabba rules...has anyone other than me stuck the tongue from the old Jabba into the left corner of his mouth? Perfect fit and adds to the awesomeness that is this new figure....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

there is one on Fremont California, Been sitting there for about a week. Saw it again yesterday when I picked up the Fisto Fighter